Talk:HIV/AIDS in Brazil
|HIV/AIDS in Brazil was a Natural sciences good articles nominee, but did not meet the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions below for improving the article. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
|Current status: Former good article nominee|
|WikiProject Brazil||(Rated B-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Medicine||(Rated B-class, Low-importance)|
Can someone check this quote from the article Similarly, Slavi Pachovski, a member of the Institute for Trade Standards and Sustainable Development, argues:
If this trend proceeds, it we be a global pandemic of AIDS that will grow uncontrollable because the Brazilian move will destroy the whole legal order that is the basis for developing new drugs and continuing research.
Congratulations to the editors of this article in achieving GA Status, the one query listed above needs to confirmed/corrected but it is sufficient reason not to promote. Gnangarra 13:18, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
- Great I thought it was, but could have been a direct translation. Gnangarra 00:28, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
Hello, I was also coming here to do a GA evaluation, but it looks like I was too slow. I think this is an informative article with an impressive number of citations. However, there are a few facts that I think are very important to include:
- One would be a comparison of where Brazil rates worldwide with respect to thinkgs like infection rate and spending on prevention and treatment.
- Is most transmission of HIV in Brazil between heterosexuals?
- Also, Prostitution is mentioned but I don't see any explanation of how important it is to AIDS in Brazil.
- Is it believed to be a major cause? The major cause?
- Is it heterosexual prostitution?
- What percentage of prostitutes are infected and are they allowed to still work if they are infected?
- I did a couple quick google and google scholar searches and was unable to find this information. Do you have reason to believe that such statistics exist? savidan(talk) (e@) 20:24, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
- I have no evidence these figures exist, but my intuition tells me they must. That does not mean they will be easy to find, of course. It seems to me that the questions above pertaining to prostitution are especially important since prostitution has a sizable section here. The reader may very well ask "How important is prostitution to the spread of HIV and what is being done about it." Thanks for trying to find the info. Johntex\talk 20:58, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
The WTO site is false
Just to let you know, the quote from the WTO saying Brazil is going on a path of economic sickness is false. It's from gatt.org, which is a parody of wto.org. This is undermining the credibility of this site. Please make sure next time you quote sources that those sites are not parodies.
Fair use rationale for Image:BrazilAIDSlogo.jpg
Image:BrazilAIDSlogo.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
This page needs an overview of the epidemiology of HIV / AIDs in Brasil. How has the rates changed? What segments of the population is effected, etc.--Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 11:47, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
- This discussion is transcluded from Talk:HIV/AIDS in Brazil/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the reassessment.
- As I stated in June this article is still a little limited in scope. Needs a section on epidemiology. As well as prognosis of AIDS/HIV in Brasil. Will it discusses the politics the direct disease data is lacking.Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 05:07, 2 January 2010 (UTC)