Talk:Hamish & Andy
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Hamish & Andy article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Hamish & Andy Show
I feel The lines on this page have been blured for some time regarding Hamish & Andy, and the Hamish & Andy Show, hence I have made a seperate page for the Hamish and Andy Show... Change it back if it worries anyone....
How could these two articles have each existed for over a year each without anyone noticing? I'm assuming "Hamish & Andy" is the official name. Feel free to swap the tags around if I'm wrong. Fred Basset (greyhound) could be merged into the final one as well. -- Chuq 11:17, 1 November 2006 (UTC)
I wrote the second half of the article, I have no problem with 'Hamish & Andy' being merged into the larger 'Hamish and Andy'.
Of course merge these two articles together! Liyster 06:05, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- I have done the merge; I had left it for a while as it is hard to tell which article name was best, but it's done now - I think I got everything! -- Chuq 09:47, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
It really should be called the "Hamish and Andy Show" but thats only relative minor -- Warfreak 20:47, 14 May 2007 (UTC)
Caravan Of Courage
- I didn't rewrite the entire section, but I rewrote the entire last paragraph which was probably the worst and most unprofessional part of the Caravan of Courage section. Especially the part where it used to say "the nudie run was still much cool".I'll try to get around to write the remainder, but hopefully it'll suffice. ArchiveMaker 07:15, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
- Me again, I had some time, so I rewrote the already written comments so they are presented slightly better. The second last paragraph needs to be rewritten as much as the last, I'll try to get on that. ArchiveMaker 07:24, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
Blast from the past statement
In the Blast from the past section, it states that the aforementioned segment is the only regular segment on the show. Is Fred Basset not counted as a segment? That is done every Friday at the end of the show. Can this be changed? 220.127.116.11 (talk) 07:13, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
Questions to be resolved
Everyone, I'd like to pose some questions:
- Will the Channel 7 TV show be given its own article?
- Does the radio show deserve its own article?
- Should we duplicate information from this article in the Hamish Blake and Andy Lee biographies? Or should the biographies contain a link to this article?
- Should both biographies and this article be listed in all the appropriate categories?
I have a concern on the Channel 7 TV show, that it has not been confirmed, and as such is mostly speculation, and that it has been said on their radio show that they will not be doing a TV show. Shadowmaster13 (talk) 04:58, 1 December 2009 (UTC)
The 2020 Summet/Ideas Bonanza TV Ad
I believe we should add the above (explained of course) under the channle 10 category,
The most information I can provide is ~ When Hamish was one of the 1000 to select ideas and the two (Hamish & Andy) used their radio show to promote this and they talked to the Channle 10 CEO about getting an ad on the air they completed this and the ad was showed late at night on Channle 10. The ad basically promoted the Ideas Bonanza Hotline which people could call to submit an idea. You can see the video here http://www.fox.com.au/video?titleid=1463302804&lineupid=1325133004 —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:42, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
They do a lot of pranks on Rove which are particularly funny. Possibly a section on their pranks should be added, like their knick knocking or their ghosting competitions. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 12:17, 31 October 2008 (UTC)
The guys made a short film which appeared for The Comedy Channel's short film festival. It starred Hamish, Andy and also Ryan Shelton. Considering this happened before their 'fame', it may be an interesting thing to cover. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 09:10, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
NOTE: Caravan of Courage trips, Tasmanian talley shore trip, Fred Basset (greyhound), Afghanistan radio shows, Unessential Listening, 2008 Summer Olympic Games trip and the People's Chip need to be reintroduced in extremely small dosages—in passing—under the radio program of the same name SUB-SECTION ONLY as they are events/activities/stunts that took place on, or because of, their radio show. Alex Douglas (talk) 12:33, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
- ADDITIONAL NOTE: Do not include any information from Hamish Blake or Andy Lee's solo careers. Whether Andy is the Cleo Bachelor or Hamish has made 100 Spicks & Specks appearances is irrelevant, unless we can first establish an article format. In the mean time, do not add such information into the existing sections; "Career" is implicitly their 'comedy DUO career'. Alex Douglas (talk) 12:33, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
Where does H&A Broadcast From?
They both hail from Melbourne. They broadcast from the Fox studios in Clarendon Street, South Melbourne! Doug&dinsdale
Deletion of "Afternoons With Hamish and Andrew"?
This segment seems unnecessary to me- it should belong in the article about the Hamish & Andy Show. Additionally, it was a one-time humorous segment, and not, as the article would seem to suggest, a legitimate attempt to change the format of the show. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 06:51, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
- I have removed this section as it is totally unsourced and trivial. It was a one-off joke - a very funny one, but still a one-off without any significance to their comedic career. Please don't restore the section without first discussing it here. -Shoemoney2night (talk) 23:09, 5 December 2010 (UTC)
- I'm inclined to agree that a section on such a limited-run segment, and with only a primary source to support it, does not belong in the article. Accordingly, I'm removing it. —C.Fred (talk) 03:59, 8 December 2010 (UTC)