|Golden Temple has been listed as a level-4 vital article in Philosophy. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as B-Class.|
|This article is written in Indian English (colour, travelled, centre, analysed, defence), and some terms used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Talk:Paragraph about Operation Blue Star
- 2 Talk:Golden Temple (disambiguation)
- 3 1854 painting of Interior
- 4 Contribution to Ahmad Shah Durrani article
- 5 History article
- 6 Opening paragraph about laying foundation
- 7 Mention if it is real gold.
- 8 I have true idea
- 9 A doubt
- 10 Move to Golden Temple
- 11 Requested move 31 January 2017
- 12 External links modified
Talk:Paragraph about Operation Blue Star
Neutrality Dispute: The views given are one sided in respect of Operation Blue Star
Talk:Golden Temple (disambiguation)
1854 painting of Interior
- Interior of the Golden Temple, Amritsar, painting, dated 1854 V&A Museum --Ekabhishektalk 16:36, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
Contribution to Ahmad Shah Durrani article
Hello. I just wanted to point out that the Ahmad Shah Durrani (Abdali) article does not mention the brutalities of this man and what he did to the Sikhs and the Golden Temple. Could someone please contribute something to that article since he is being portrayed as a benevolent guy, which he really was not? --Pee3.14159 (talk) 02:21, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
Wanted to point out that Harmandir Sahib was rebuilt twice, once due to Mugals who filled the temple with dirt and destroyed certain parts to beyond repair. The second time after Operation Blue Star (which has already been mentioned). — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 08:27, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
Opening paragraph about laying foundation
The opening paragraph's last sentence talking about a Muslim fakir (Sai Hazrat Mian Mir) laying the foundation should also clearly state that Sikhs are not Muslims, and it was an act of seeing everyone as an equal by Gurus. It should mention that the Sikh Guru had asked him to lay the foundation, it wasn't like the Muslim fakir was a leader of Sikhs.
Please let me know your views about this, and let's correct that sentence.
- I have rephrased the paragraph to conform more accurately to the cited source and made a couple of corrections - 1) the date the cornerstone was laid - 2) the Sufi saint didn't compile the Adi Granth. Apuldram (talk) 23:54, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
Mention if it is real gold.
http://www.sikhnet.com/news/golden-temple-all-real-gold-asked-canadian-pm Mention if it is real gold. Mention how much all that gold might be worth. Mention if there are thus any security problems. Jidanni (talk) 17:44, 9 February 2016 (UTC)
- The fact that it is real gold is covered in the section 'Architectural features'.The value to the Sikh community and to the world cannot be expressed in dollars or rupees. The location gives some protection. The details of protection measures should for obvious reasons not be published. Apuldram (talk) 19:37, 9 February 2016 (UTC)
I have true idea
- Good for you. Are you going to tell us what your idea is? Apuldram (talk) 22:20, 12 October 2016 (UTC)
I never heard the name Harmandir Saheb before, I referred to it as Golden Temple. Should this page be moved to Golden Temple as Harmandir Sahib is not a very widespread name ? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 12:58, 30 January 2017 (UTC)
- A decision was made to move to Golden Temple on 18 March 2007, see here, but never successfully implemented. (I think that the move process was probably not correctly followed and the system automatically returned to the older title)
This section (from above) may also apply. Apuldram (talk) 14:14, 30 January 2017 (UTC)
Move to Golden Temple
Requested move 31 January 2017
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Golden Temple. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131116080518/http://new.sgpc.net/ to http://new.sgpc.net/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.