|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Helen Terry article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Musicians||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Pop music|
Biography assessment rating comment
In his autobio and in an "Advocate" interview around the release of his book, Boy George stated that Miss Terry is a lesbian. May she be included under lesbian musicians or LGBT people from the United Kingdom? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:26, 6 September, 2006 (UTC)
Helen Terry's Album" =
I want to know the list of albums including their song title contents Helen have had recorded. ANyone, Helen? Please show the links too. THanks —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 04:48, 21 December 2006 (UTC).
Walk on the wild Side?
I am told Helen provided the backing vocal 'doo-doo-doo' parts on Lou Reed's 'Walk on the Wild Side'. Can anyone confirm this? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:16, 27 January 2007 (UTC). Highly improbable, given that Helen would have been an Essex schoolgirl at the time Plutonium27 (talk) 08:12, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
Excessive discography detail
There's way too much information on individual recordings here (catalogue numbers, publishers etc.), and it unbalances the entry something shocking. I'm going to edit/trim it in a day or so if someone doesn't come up with a good justification. Gusworld (talk) 04:26, 28 March 2008 (UTC)
- As no one responded, I've gone ahead and made the changes. I also copy-edited to take out some of the more fannish stuff, changed the references into proper citations, and rewrote the first paragraph to be closer to regular lead style. The discography might benefit from being converted into a table at some point (which might also allow the songwriter details to be added in). The article could also use actual cited chart positions; I'll add this when I get back to my reference library if someone else can't do it first. Gusworld (talk) 09:27, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
Most recent edit
Ratings for 2008 Brits were a good addition; I've added a source for them and moved them into the media career section (per Wikipedia style where the lead is supposed to be a summary overview of the main article). Took out the ratings contrast to 2007 for the moment; though factual, this seemed designed to highlight Terry's achivements, but didn't mention that she also produced the previous broadcast! Could probably be restored in a more neutral fashion.
Also, while I support not including the unsourced claim of a relationship to Ellen Terry (having removed it earlier), we can't include a sentence in the links saying it's not true without sourcing that claim. For now, I've made it a comment in the source, so if anyone edits it and adds it in they might get warned off. Also tidied up some present/past tense problems in the opener. Gusworld (talk) 01:20, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
- Side thought -- a really detailed discussion of ratings probably belongs in the article on the Brits, rather than here. Gusworld (talk) 01:22, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Helen Terry. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/5hFf8iFDu?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishcharts.ie%2Fsearch%2Fplacement to http://www.irishcharts.ie/search/placement
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.