|A fact from Henry Greathead appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 24 November 2008 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know||
According to inherited family history, Henry Greathead was responsible for building the lifeboats for the Titanic. The initial order was for 64, then the engineer revised it to 32. After he had completed about 24 of these the order was revised to 16. He did say to the engineer that 16 boats was not enough and was quite upset that the order was cut down considering he had surplus lifeboats. After the Titanic sank most of the lifeboats ended up in New York Harbour and they were promptly acquired for other liners of the day. The remaining few lifeboats that were in various stages of completion were then used for the RNLI eventually as they cost money to build that he had not been paid to build. -- Adam Shattock, descendant of Henry Greathead. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 11:20, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks, I meant to get back to the place names, but... The Lloyd's is a bit of a problem. I need to find a better reference as the one I used wasn't specific, just the 'subscribers at Lloyds'. The other issue I have is that Redcar doesn't appear in either of these lists, and supposedly his eleventh boat went there. Derek Andrews (talk) 17:27, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
- OK. I found this reference  which should clear some things up. I changed to Cronstadt and Pillau on the basis of this. However, from a quick look at that reference there is lots of good material in there that will clarify Greathead's contributions. I'm busy with the real world right now and will have to leave this for a few hours, so be my guest if you wish. Derek Andrews (talk) 19:07, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Henry Greathead. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110927120525/http://www.rnli.org.uk/assets/downloads/The%20Zetland%20story%20factsheet%20v2.pdf to http://www.rnli.org.uk/assets/downloads/The%20Zetland%20story%20factsheet%20v2.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081007111520/http://www.rnli.org.uk/who_we_are/the_heritage_trust/zetland to http://www.rnli.org.uk/who_we_are/the_heritage_trust/zetland
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.