|WikiProject Molecular and Cell Biology||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
|This article is or was the subject of a Wiki Education Foundation-supported course assignment. Further details are available on the course page. Assigned student editor(s): FPostigo. Assigned peer reviews: Caterina10anna5.|
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|I found this article to be poorly written and lacking thoroughness.|
Last edited at 03:54, 8 March 2009 (UTC). Substituted at 17:48, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
Proposed Changes for Hepatic lipase
Hello fellow Wikipedia Users, I am posting this message to get everyone’s opinion on proposed changes I would like to add on to this page. Some things I believe should be added to this page include:
1. Talking more about the function of Hepatic Lipase. How it works (possibly adding the catalytic mechanism and amino acids involved in the mechanisms) in converting IDL to LDL and adding diagrams about the process to aid the viewers in being able to understand what roles Hepatic lipase has on cholesterol regulation.
2. Adding images of the protein. Potentially adding the sequence and the structure of the protein (a tertiary structure consisting of one polypeptide) and the number of alpha helices and beta sheets
3. For the intro of Hepatic lipase, I would like to add more. Specifically, who discovered Hepatic lipase and clearly differentiating all the terms (LIPC is the gene but the enzyme Hepatic Lipase is also called LIPC). Where it is found in the body and what cells/organs create Hepatic lipase (mainly the liver)
4. To the clinical significance, I would like to add how Hepatic lipase is involved in the process of regulating and maintaining a proper balance in LDL and HDL to prevent build-up of plaque in the arteries. Also, how potential mutations in the gene that encodes for Hepatic Lipase can affect this overall process and what happens (specifically, that a mutation prevents LDL to be catalyzed into HDL and preventing the release of fatty acids into the tissues).
5. How Hepatic lipase is regulated and what regulators affect the enzyme and in what ways (covalent or non-covalent modifications) or any inhibitors that affect the enzyme. Also, how this regulation affects HDL and LDL concentrations in the blood.
I would like to hear back from you fellow Wikipedians for any collaborative feedback on any of the changes I have proposed or anything else you think I should add or change to the page. Thank you. FPostigo (talk) 04:57, 15 February 2018 (UTC)