|WikiProject Heraldry and vexillology||(Rated Start-class)|
I have added a medieval English standard. We could use images of the other heraldic flags. - PKM 21:10, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
- and some banners... PKM 22:17, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
Now that I have expanded this, I wonder if some of it should be moved to Heraldic flag and have a separate detailed article on Heraldic standard? I don't want to make that move without consulting others. - PKM 22:17, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
- I'm going to move it to Heraldic flag for you, but don't split standards into another article, because there's not enough content to justify that. See WP:SIZE. According to the article history, the size is 6k, which is not nearly enough to warrant another article.
- I would also recommend reorganizing it with flag types as the major headers instead of countries. -- I. Pankonin (t/c) 23:20, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks. I have reorganized by type as you suggested, and restructured the intro to go with the wider scope of the article. I also rearranged the images so the standard is with "standard" - I think the banners in St Giles make a more striking main image anyway. - PKM 04:13, 3 December 2007 (UTC)
English Heraldic Flags
The article currently is very Scottish orientated - which is quite understandable because the use of heraldic flags in Scotland is well documented. In English heraldry the only regulation as such applies to the Banner – all armigers are automatically entitles to one – and the Standard – only those armigers granted a Badge by the College of Arms may use one. Should this difference of approach/regulation be included in existing paragraphs or under a separate sub-heading? I favour the latter. --Heraldic (talk) 08:47, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
I hope you do not mind me adding some size guidelines for English banners. I have always been surprised that there is no guidance on banner sizes for armigers, hence my letter to Garter in 2011.Dougalbnz (talk) 04:14, 11 December 2012 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with Image:RGH Guidon small.jpg
The image Image:RGH Guidon small.jpg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.