Talk:History of Jacksonville, Florida
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
This article came into existance at roughly 21:40, 23 October 2005 (UTC). It was copied and pasted from the main Jacksonville article, the history section of which will be abbreviated and a link put to this article. HereToHelp talk 21:40, 23 October 2005 (UTC)
I removed a line about the Episcopal High School of Jacksonville from the "racial tensions" section. While I don't doubt it was founded as an all-white school, or that blacks didn't attend until the 70's, I'm pretty sure it would have been illegal for them not to allow blacks after the Civil Rights act, even though it's a private school. I also don't think its as relevant as the other items in the section, which are pretty major- it's a school with only about 800 students even today.--Cuchullain 21:08, 25 January 2006 (UTC)
- Well, this article does state that while desegregation was planned on starting in 1963, it wasn't until 1971 that it actually occurred. That was probably when Episcopal was integrated, so maybe it is best to leave it out. Mike H. That's hot 10:33, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
Orphaned references in History of Jacksonville, Florida
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of History of Jacksonville, Florida's orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "ONP":
- From Baker County, Florida: National Park Service "American Battlefield Protection Program Battle Summary" Check
|url=value (help). National Park Service. Retrieved 2007-12-31.
- From Battle of Olustee: National Park Service "American Battlefield Protection Program Battle Summary" Check
|url=value (help). History. National Park Service. Retrieved 2007-12-31.
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 22:32, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on History of Jacksonville, Florida. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120625131119/http://www.jaxhistory.com/journal6.html to http://www.jaxhistory.com/journal6.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140724054412/http://www.civilwarinteractive.com/This%20Day/thisday0416.htm to http://www.civilwarinteractive.com/This%20Day/thisday0416.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.