Talk:History of aerodynamics
|WikiProject Physics / Fluid Dynamics||(Rated B-class, Mid-importance)|
Making this article stand-alone (To-do)
Per the discussion here I have created this article using material from the history section of the aerodynamics article. I am open at any point in time to discussions of merging this article back into Aerodynamics and redirecting this page to the appropriate section. However, I believe that the number of sources already cited in the article make it notable enough to warrant its own article. Additionally, I think that the history of aerodynamics is a sufficiently different topic from the field of aerodynamics that it is sensible to include a brief summary in the aerodynamics article itself and direct readers interested in the history of the field to a fuller exploration here.
With that in mind, this is a working to-do list of things to improve the article. Please add to this list as you see fit.
- add a section on Computational Fluid Dynamics
- flesh out lead to summarize breaking sound barrier and beyond
- article organization: within each time period, it may make sense to organize paragraphs by whether they deal with practical advances vs. theoretical advances
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on History of aerodynamics. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130511071413/http://www.aeronautics.nasa.gov/fap/OnAerialNavigationPt1.pdf to http://www.aeronautics.nasa.gov/fap/OnAerialNavigationPt1.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130511041814/http://www.aeronautics.nasa.gov/fap/OnAerialNavigationPt2.pdf to http://www.aeronautics.nasa.gov/fap/OnAerialNavigationPt2.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130511052409/http://www.aeronautics.nasa.gov/fap/OnAerialNavigationPt3.pdf to http://www.aeronautics.nasa.gov/fap/OnAerialNavigationPt3.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.