Talk:History of the Houston Rockets/GA1
- Fix dab links:
- Use endash for all season links
- endash for all win-loss records
- In the Rockets' debut season, they won only 15 games. - remove "only"
San Diego Rockets (1967–1971)
- In 1970 NBA Draft, the Rockets drafted Calvin Murphy and Rudy Tomjanovich, who would together play all their careers, a total of 25 seasons, with the Rockets. -> "In the 1970 NBA Draft, the Rockets drafted Calvin Murphy and Rudy Tomjanovich, both of whom would spend their entire careers, a total of 25 seasons, with the Rockets. Or something similar
- Hall of Fame coach or Hall-of-Fame coach - be consistent
- a 57-97 record - use endash
- ... the Rockets only tallied a 57-97 record in the following two seasons, and did not make the playoffs in either season. - sounds awkward to me, try "... the Rockets only tallied a 57-97 record and did not make the playoffs in the following two seasons."
- Because of the low performance and attendance, ... - low -> poor
- Same sentence - Imo is too long. Maybe a good idea to break apart perhaps
Improving in Houston (1971–1981)
- ... but lost to the Boston Celtics 4-2 in the Eastern Conference semi-finals. - use endash (not semi-finals though)
- ... but they lost to the top-seeded Philadelphia 76ers 4-2. - use endash
an approachingTomjanovich ... - already know he is approaching
- ... the Eastern Conference Semi-finals. Semi-finals -> semi-finals
- ... Houston eventually lost in six games.. - redundant period
The Twin Towers (1981–1993)
- ... Most Valuable Player
awardin that season ...
- ... to replace outgoing Del Harris ... -> "to replace the outgoing Del Harris"
Contending for the championship (1993–2000)
- ... Houston once again went down by three games to two to the New York Knicks ... - "Houston was once again down by three games to two to the New York Knicks"
- ... the 8th seed in the Western Conference. - "eighth seed" since you write "sixth seed" earlier
The 20th century (2000–present)
- ... and seeded 5th in the Western Conference Playoffs. - "fifth"
- ... the Rockets hired Rick Adelman
to replace him. -
- which is the 2nd longest winning streak in NBA history - "second", link longest winning streak in NBA history to List of National Basketball Association longest winning streaks
- Caption: The Rockets playing the Utah Jazz in the 2008 playoffs. - either remove the period b/c not complete sentence or rewrite to a complete sentence
- "Basketball-Reference.com" --> "basketball-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC"
- work is basketball-reference.com; publisher is Sports Reference LLC
- Thanks a lot for your hard work. I think I've got all your comments. Let me know of any further work that needs to be done (prose, whatever). Noble Story (talk • contributions) 11:28, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
- It is reasonably well written.
- a (prose): b (MoS):
- It is factually accurate and verifiable.
- It is broad in its coverage.
- a (major aspects): b (focused):
- It follows the neutral point of view policy.
- Fair representation without bias:
- It is stable.
- No edit wars etc.:
- It is illustrated by images, where possible and appropriate.