Community discussion followed by Arbitration Committee ruling
A community discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard (archived here) placed homeopathy and related articles on article probation. Following this, the Arbitration Committee in this case imposed discretionary sanctions. Consequently, disruptive editors should now be handled using the Arbitration process, including reporting incidents on the Arbitration Enforcement page, instead of the community probation.
Final decision in Homeopathy arbitration case
This arbitration case has been closed and the final decision is available at the link above. Any uninvolved administrator may, on his or her own discretion, impose sanctions on any editor working in the area of conflict (defined as articles which relate to homeopathy, broadly interpreted) if, despite being warned, that editor repeatedly or seriously fails to adhere to the purpose of Wikipedia, any expected standards of behavior, or any normal editorial process. The sanctions imposed may include blocks of up to one year in length; bans from editing any page or set of pages within the area of conflict; bans on any editing related to the topic or its closely related topics; restrictions on reverts or other specified behaviors; or any other measures which the imposing administrator believes are reasonably necessary to ensure the smooth functioning of the project. User DanaUllman (talk · contribs) has been banned from Wikipedia for a period of one year. On behalf of the Arbitration Committee, Nishkid64 (Make articles, not wikidrama) 23:54, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
User:184.108.40.206 (an obvious IP sock of Dr.Jhingaadey has been canvassing multiple article talk pages. I have placed a warning on those pages to prevent meatpuppetry. Since a warning has already been given, blocks can be given without further warning for such infractions. -- Fyslee / talk 07:00, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
- I'll block the IP account. Could you post any future incidents on WP:AE instead? PhilKnight (talk) 12:31, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
Log of sanctions
Log any block, ban or extension under any remedy in this decision here. Minimum information includes name of administrator, date and time, what was done and the basis for doing it.
- 220.127.116.11 (talk · contribs) blocked for incivility and disruption, 24 hours by Jehochman Talk 22:29, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
- CaptainFarrell (talk · contribs) blocked for trolling, indefinite, by Jehochman Talk 22:47, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
- Infophile (talk · contribs) banned from Talk:Homeopathy for 24 hrs for incivil edit comments and disruption for , Georgewilliamherbert (talk) 05:17, 2 February 2008 (UTC) by
- 18.104.22.168 (talk · contribs) is indefinitely banned from Talk:Homeopathy for disruptive comments, by Georgewilliamherbert (talk) 05:40, 2 February 2008 (UTC)
- Anthon01 (talk · contribs) is banned from Homeopathy and its talk page for a week for stonewalling. east.718 at 16:54, February 2, 2008
- 22.214.171.124 (talk · contribs) aka Martin Chaplin (talk · contribs) - given a 1RR warning on 19:17, 2 February 2008, on water memory. MastCell Talk 19:49, 2 February 2008 (UTC)
Art Carlson (talk · contribs) topic banned for 7 days from homeopathy and its talk page for POV pushing and participating in an edit war. Notice. Jehochman Talk 22:04, 2 February 2008 (UTC)Undone early. Jehochman Talk 23:28, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- 126.96.36.199 (talk · contribs), and any of their alternate accounts or sock puppets, is placed on a revert limitation for all articles related to homeopathy, broadly construed. They may not make any reverts without prior discussion and a consensus agreement. Edit warring will not be tolerated. Jehochman Talk 22:29, 6 February 2008 (UTC) - This remedy will take effect upon confirmation by checkuser that this account was previously notified. See Wikipedia:Requests for checkuser/Case/188.8.131.52. Jehochman Talk 22:45, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
- Arion 3x3 (talk · contribs) is banned for 24 hrs from Talk:Homeopathy for the edit series that culminated in this edit. Georgewilliamherbert (talk) 22:50, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
- Arion 3x3 (talk · contribs)
is banned for 7 days from all Homeopathy related pages for deceptive edit summary, as explained here.  Jehochman Talk 04:11, 22 February 2008 (UTC)is placed on 1RR (one revert per day) limitation for all homeopathy related pages, and must explain any reverts on the relevant talk page. Jehochman Talk 22:50, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
- TheDoctorIsIn (talk · contribs)
is banned for 7 days from all Homeopathy related pages for deceptive edit summary, as explained here.  Jehochman Talk 04:14, 22 February 2008 (UTC)is placed on 1RR (one revert per day) limitation for all homeopathy related pages, and must explain any reverts on the relevant talk page. Jehochman Talk 22:50, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
- Randy Blackamoor (talk · contribs) is banned for 7 days from all homeopathy related pages for disruptive comments. Explained here. Addhoc (talk) 12:27, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
- 184.108.40.206 (talk · contribs) is banned from editing any homeopathy related page, broadly construed, for one month.  Jehochman Talk 17:08, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
- OffTheFence (talk · contribs) is banned for 7 days from all homeopathy related pages for talk page disruption. Explained here. Addhoc (talk) 13:56, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
- DanaUllman (talk · contribs) is banned for 7 days from all homeopathy related pages for engaging in a low level edit war at Arsenicum album. Explained here. Addhoc (talk) 12:47, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
- DanaUllman (talk · contribs) is banned for three months from all homeopathy-related topics, broadly construed. Notification and explanation to user: . Partial evidence: . Noted in current ArbCom case: . Vassyana (talk) 10:39, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
- Homoeopath (talk · contribs) has been indef-blocked as yet another sockpuppet of Dr.Jhingaadey. See: Wikipedia:Requests for checkuser/Case/Dr.Jhingaadey. -- Fyslee / talk 04:33, 15 May 2008 (UTC)
- DanaUllman (talk · contribs) is banned from Wikipedia for a period of one year. -- Fyslee / talk 04:12, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- Refer to Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/Homeopathy#Log of blocks, bans, and restrictions for sanctions imposed after 30 June 2008.
- Wikipedia:Requests for checkuser/Case/Unprovoked
- Confirmed User:Unprovoked = User:RDOlivaw = User:DrEightyEight.
- Confirmed User:Dr.Jhingaadey = User:Homoeopath = User:Happening = User:Ramaanand = User:Selection
This is a list of administrators who have stated they are willing to mediate disputes or provide enforcement of the article probation remedy. Feel free to contact them for assistance. Any administrative action may be appealed to the Adminisrators' noticeboard.
- east718 - I will mediate upon request. Please don't block shop on my talk page.
- MastCell - it appears I've made one edit to the article, back in November 2007.
- PhilKnight - uninvolved in homeopathy content disputes, more interested in mediation than enforcement
- Keilana - I would be willing to mediate/enforce, I've never been involved except reading some of the articles.
- Islander - I have protected one page related to this problem thus far, and am happy to mediate/enforce if needed at any point.