Talk:Honda K engine
I added the Specs for the K series engines in the manner that was previously done on the B series page. I've only added the USDM engines, so anyone is welcome to add JDM or EDM specs, as well as fixing any mistakes I may have made. I've only used the new SAE specs on the K20Z3, if others would prefer I could change everything over to the new SAE system. - RoyRogers
sources for power outputs
F motors and heads to the K24 motors
The page for the F motors suggests that the K motors may have interchangeable heads with the F motors. Does this mean that a K24 could take an F head and cams/exhaust/etc? This would probably lead (provided you didn't retain the 9k redline) to a 2.4L motor making 288 hp, give or take. I also find myself wondering if boring it and stroking it a little might be possible. ... aa:talk 03:05, 14 March 2006 (UTC)
- An F-series head cannot be mated to a K-series block. If you're looking into a different head/block combination though, F-series heads can be mated to H-series blocks and visa versa I believe. -User:Tqless 02:11, 24 June 2006 (UTC)
K series cylinder heads will only fit K series engines. IJB TA 18:14, 24 December 2006 (UTC)
block and head materials
what are the block and head materials for these engines? This is only listed for the special Si engine. 188.8.131.52 01:04, 29 March 2007 (UTC)
- Bore centres: 94mm
- Bore: 86mm (K20 & K23), 87mm (K24)
- Stroke: 86mm (K20), 99mm (K23 & K24)
- VTC intake camshaft range: 50 crank degrees (K20), 25 crank degrees (K23 & K24)
Edits by IP addresses only
I have noticed most of the edits over the past couple of months come from IP addresses, not actual logged-in accounts. It seems that they are primarily adding vehicles in which the engines may be found, and I see various figures being changed (e.g. engine redlines, HP, torque). While I assume that the edits are done in good faith, I also feel that it would be beneficial for anyone reading this page to examine these edits for any erroneous information that may have been introduced and add to the end of this Talk section confirming that lio e modifications are in fact correct figures and vehicles. Daivox (talk) 18:31, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
Regarding the K20A2, I believe that the actual rev limit is placed at 8100 rpm, even though the rsx-s tachometer indicates a 7800 or 7900 limit. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 03:34, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
- The 02-04 RSX Type-S has a tach-indicated redline of 7900. The ECU allows you to go 200 past that, with the rev limiter kicking in at 8100. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:07, 1 December 2009 (UTC)
Major power differences in K20a3
The main article states that the K20a3 has an output of Power: 140(120 kW) @ 6500 rpm(SAE net J1349 Rev 8/04) Torque: 142 lb·ft (193 N·m)* (191 N·m) @ 4000 rpm(SAE net J1349 Rev 8/04) as opposed to what is currently stated under other articles, I understand that these numbers are from SAE, however there is a big difference between what is currently stated by SAE and what is mainstream in which can be currently found if you search under wiki article Civic SI or Acura RSX which is 160 hp (119 kW) at 6,500 RPM and 132 lb·ft (179 N·m) of torque at 5,000 rpm. Can someone please clarify. Is one Crank output vs rolling resistance on tires? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Jonyqueque (talk • contribs) 14:06, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
Opinion's and VVT intro
1. There where a couple posts that were clearly opinions like "VTEC is a low quality engen" that i removed, thats not information, thats a poorly spelled opinion and if anyone sees anymore they should probably be removed... and 2. The second paragraph is worded really strangely that i'm trying to find a way to reword and get the same information down, but it really has to be read in detail to see the problem, but failing... Huntec (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 11:49, 24 March 2010 (UTC).
Edits to the engine data are often made without sources. I will revert this whenever I get the chance. Cite sources for your changes! — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 08:04, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Honda K engine. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100314160247/http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/hybrid-house/64257-honda-k-engine.html to http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/hybrid-house/64257-honda-k-engine.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.