Talk:Hotel Dusk: Room 215
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Hotel Dusk: Room 215 article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
The People who Made This...
They also made a similar DS game Trace Memory. The gameplay seems familiar, and the idea of using DS-exclusive things is the same.
we know 220.127.116.11 00:31, 3 April 2007 (UTC)
It's been released, or at least dumped. Removed future game heading
Why the request to expand this article?
The article seems quite long already. 18.104.22.168 02:14, 27 February 2007 (UTC)
- That tag was put up before the game was released, when the article had little to no content in it. It will probably remain there until enough people believe that the article has been sufficiently expanded.--Hailinel 03:00, 27 February 2007 (UTC)
I know the plot and character sections are marked, but the section taken from the manual or otherwise, which are technically spoiler free, weren't separated from the spoilers that fill most of the article. For this sort of game especially spoilers should be marked, as the entire point is to discover the very things mentioned in the article as you play through.
- The WP:SPOILER policy for Wikipedia has been updated after lengthy debate over the last few weeks, and basically for article sections that are labeled as part of the plot or story should not be marked as "spoilers" because the section title implicitly carries this information. --Masem 13:41, 7 June 2007 (UTC)
It wasn't confirmed what happened between Brian Bradly and Robert Evans at the hospital.
Kyle just brought it up as a question. For all we know, they could've been having a lengthy discussion. Am I right or am I wrong?
- Right. Bradley, anyway, told Dunning that he wouldn't see Robert Evans again, hinting that Bradley killed Evans at some point. 22.214.171.124 11:03, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
is there a sequel? my friend said theres a sequel where the story is completely different but the game play is the same and stuff but i think he is lying and trying to get my hopes up... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:24, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- Hotel Dusk does not have a sequel, and no announcement has been made regarding one. However, the game was made by the same studio that previously made the DS game Trace Memory, which has similar gameplay, but the story and characters are completely unrelated.--188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:56, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- I suppose it could be thought that since there was a re-release on September 10th 2008 or so, that the confusion could come in. However, I can't tell the difference from the January 22, 2007 release and the September 10th, 2008 other than the packaging (I think it says "interactive mystery novel" on the September version, but that's all). 184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:16, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
- We'd need to have a good commentary or development section on the approach to the visuals (I'm not sure what the style is called, it's similar to Take Me On's video but not given a name there, so we're not seemingly duplicating anything). --MASEM 17:25, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
Walkthrough as a school project?
I noticed in the edit summaries that someone is repeatedly trying to add a walkthrough to this article as part of a school project. Professors having their students edit Wikipedia is not unusual, but we still ask that you try to follow the rules as much as you can. For example, a walkthrough for a video game is frowned on by WP:GAMEGUIDE. Out of curiosity, what class are you taking that requires you to post a walkthrough for a video game? Larrythefunkyferret (talk) 06:44, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
The article's TOC claims there to be a story section. But the section in question drones on and on about what happened before the game. The actual story of the game is missing. --220.127.116.11 (talk) 09:18, 24 January 2011 (UTC)