|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The page currently says "It is often stated[who?] that Sumlin's playing was a vital catalyst for the British blues boom" If you want to cite something, the documentary at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465500/ makes it pretty clear what a big influence Sumlin had on the the British electric blues guys. According to this movie, when Chess Records set up the "London Howlin' Wolf Sessions" with Clapton, Stevie Winwood, Charlie Watts, and Bill Wyman, Clapton said he wouldn't come if Sumlin wasn't there too.
interview details needed, please
thanks for adding the statement about the (alleged) classical-guitar instruction - i've corrected the stylistics of it as far as i can without further input, and hope you'll provide additional details so that a clear sentence and a proper reference can be added:
- "According to an interview" - who is the interview with?
- Moanin' at Midnight: The Life and Times of Howling' Wolf: what page? who is the publisher? what year was it published? what is the ISBN?
- a transcription (here on the talk page) of the actual passage in the book wouldn't hurt, if it's not too much trouble - not necessarily to quote it verbatim in the article, but just to know exactly what it says.
Record company note
I'm removing a redlink in the article to Tone-Cool records, which is reportedly defunct. Their catalog was purchased by Vizztone Records, but Vizztone doesn't have a Wiki article. Chuckiesdad/Talk/Contribs 20:34, 30 December 2009 (UTC)
The article should mention the film Cadillac Records which quite prominently features Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf fighting over having Hubert Sumlin in their bands. Can anyone provide any references for how true/fictionalised this is? --184.108.40.206 (talk) 09:51, 18 October 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Hubert Sumlin. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110713024722/http://www.independentmusicawards.com/ima_new/pastjudges.asp to http://www.independentmusicawards.com/ima_new/pastjudges.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.