|WikiProject Physics / Fluid Dynamics||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Hi can you tell me if hydrolic oil can be used a fuel for the standed diesil moter willy39
Are they fluids or liquids?
I don't think "hydraulic gases" exist. The word comes from greek Hydro (water) and Aulos (pipe) - implying a liquid as the power transfer medium. When air or another gas is the power transfer medium, the term "Pneumatic" is normally used. The general term for Hydraulics AND Pneumatics is "Fluid Power." Mdzink (talk) 21:14, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
Some of the wording in 6.1 - Specifications (eg. an unbeatable combination of the best features for optimum fluid performance) comes across as advertising a little. Perhaps this could do with a little re-wording for neutrality. caLiber banter 13:09, 15 May 2013 (UTC)
NaK-77 temperature inconsistency
"NaK-77, ... of 10 to 1400 °F (-12 to 1033 °C)." 1400F is 760C; from the NaK entry, the F value seems to be the correct value. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:20, 30 October 2016 (UTC)
- "caesium shifts the useful temperature range to -95 to 1300 °F (-70 to 977 °C)." from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hydraulic_fluid&oldid=746966273 is also very wrong. 1300 °F is 704 °C 1791 °F is 977 °C. This stuff casts major doubt on the usefulness of the NaK paragraph, I vote for removal. VoidLurker (talk) 09:04, 4 January 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Hydraulic fluid. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20160304035524/http://www.shell.com/content/dam/shell-new/local/corporate/aviation/downloads/pdf/aeroshell-book-2012-2013/aeroshell-book-6hydraulics.pdf to http://www.shell.com/content/dam/shell-new/local/corporate/aviation/downloads/pdf/aeroshell-book-2012-2013/aeroshell-book-6hydraulics.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071218210308/http://www.oiluk.net/industrial_lubricants/hydraulic_oils.html to http://www.oiluk.net/industrial_lubricants/hydraulic_oils.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080911091142/http://www.shell.com/static/aviation-en/downloads/publications/aeroshellbook/aeroshellhydraulicfluids.pdf to http://www.shell.com/static/aviation-en/downloads/publications/aeroshellbook/aeroshellhydraulicfluids.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.