|WikiProject Apple Inc. / iOS||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
I would suggest this page was created for Search Engine Optimisation - the companies listed in the article want this page to appear when someone Googles 'recycling iphone'...
This should be merged into an article about mobile recycling or e-waste recycling.
I'm concerned about the notability of this article topic mainly because of the lack of reliable sources. I'm aware that this article is still under construction, and maybe my input could help?
There are three major issues regarding the sources being used here:
- The sources used are from organizations or individuals with an agenda
- The sources don't specifically mention the iPhone
- The sources pre-date the launch and announcement of the iPhone
Sources with conflicting political, environmental, or business agendas include:
- Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition
- Mother Jones (magazine)
- Maura Judkis (Blog at U.S. News & World Report, but also a columnist for the Huffington Post)
- Basel Action Network
- Technology Marketing Corporation online publication opinion piece
- Cash For Laptops
Only a few sources were actually written in the same time frame and actually mention the iPhone:
- "Greenpeace slams Apple over 'toxic' iPhone" (New Zealand Herald)
- "Gazelle Will Give You Cash for Your Gadgets" (PC Magazine)
- "Scrounge up cash with used gadgets" (Boston Globe)
Also, there is the minor issue of many external links from sources already being outdated. I'm a bit confused by this, as the article was written just recently.
On a side note, there's a bit of a focus issue regarding the content. For example, the Regulation section does not mention any regulation that was implemented in reaction to the iPhone. Basically, I'm just not seeing how this warrants an article of its own. What I do see is enough notability to warrant a recycling movement article, but there's already one of those.
- Sure, that's worth working on. The difficult links are probably to the pay sites, they often show up differently for other users than for the one posting them, but that can be addressed without much difficulty. Some of the links were copied from computer recycling, and I haven't gotten all the POV angles out of that one yet. And I probably didn't get enough sleep before posting the whole megillah of what I had here. :D Will return, thanks for the suggestions! JJB 04:03, 24 March 2009 (UTC)