|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Ilan Pappé article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2|
|WARNING: ACTIVE ARBITRATION REMEDIES
The article Ilan Pappé, along with other articles relating to the Arab–Israeli conflict, is currently subject to active arbitration remedies resulting from three arbitration cases (see WP:ARBPIAINTRO). The current restrictions are:
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Any threads with no replies in 200 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Teddy Katz's Mark
At present a sentence referring to the mark that Teddy Katz received from Haifa University remains unclear. It reads "The assessment of the revised thesis was highly mixed, but overall it was failed.". The first half of the sentence is weasel worded, or at least needs elucidation. The reference used to back up this sentence (16) makes it clear that the mark received was the result of averaging highly divergent marks, something the article states is "most unusual" and "dubious". The fact that an unusual process was applied is an important detail, not simply the fact that the marks were "highly mixed" (actually highly divergent). I would propose, on the basis of the reference given, "The assessment of the revised thesis by markers was highly divergent, but overall it was failed on the basis of the unusual step averaging divergent marks. This process produced a result of 74%, 1% below the pass mark". That's what it says in the source cited. It might be wrong, but then a new citation is needed. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Slmiller6 (talk • contribs) 13:19, 17 September 2012 (UTC)
A big chunk of the "Katz Controversy" text is being copied and pasted by "Hasbara trolls" - I find hundreds of references to it on Google - so yes, arguments and references therein should be carefully scrutinized.GXIndiana (talk) 20:53, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
Why does the info box say that his ethnicity is German? Shouldn't Jewish or Ashkenazi Jew be more appropriate?
- Ok, I couldn't find anything that specifically said he was an Ashkenazi Jew but this and even this one that's already sourced in the article say he was born to German Jews (and German Jews are Ashkenazi) fleeing persecution from the Nazis (in the second one it even says both sides of his family suffered deaths due to the Holocaust) not that he was born to an ethnic German family that arrived in Israel. So I propose his ethnicity to be changed to Jewish only (or Ashkenazi Jew) from German. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 23:34, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 1 May 2016
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
Under "articles": "Calling a Spade a Spade: The 1948 Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine", article in al-Majdal Magazine (Spring 2006). [retrieved 17 May 2007]. Broken -> correct link: http://www.badil.org/en/component/k2/item/957-calling-a-spade-a-spadethe-1948-ethnic-cleansing-of-palestine.html MrVertigo (talk) 16:00, 1 May 2016 (UTC)
Adding a title
Please, is it possible to add this book in the bibliography :
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Ilan Pappé. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101228215610/http://palestine-studies.org/journals.aspx?id=4227&jid=1&href=fulltext to http://www.palestine-studies.org/journals.aspx?id=4227&jid=1&href=fulltext
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070927211224/http://arts.independent.co.uk/books/reviews/article2008026.ece to http://arts.independent.co.uk/books/reviews/article2008026.ece
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070929210406/http://skynews-clips.videoloungetv.com/public/skynews/latest/IsraelDebate_181006_0900.wmv to http://skynews-clips.videoloungetv.com/public/skynews/latest/IsraelDebate_181006_0900.wmv
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080608110928/http://www.counterpunch.org/barat06062008.html to http://www.counterpunch.org/barat06062008.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.