Talk:In Your House 2
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The article is looking good, and I think it does a good job of taking wrestling "out of universe". A few things that I wanted to mention:
- The Diesel-Sid feud did have a decent amount of buildup. Michaels and Diesel faced each other at WrestleMania XI, with Sid as Michaels' bodyguard. Sid's interference backfired and allowed Diesel to win. Diesel granted Michaels a rematch, and Michaels told Sid that his services would not be needed during the rematch. Sid attacked Michaels and powerbombed him three times before Diesel rescued him. This reunited Michaels and Diesel, and Sid joined the Million Dollar Corporation. Diesel was already feuding with the corporation, as Bigelow had been fired by DiBiase. When the corporation attacked Bigelow, Diesel rescued him (this was what set up the feud for King of the Ring).
- I personally don't see a need to go further back in the feud seeing as it is covered in In Your House 1 article. The background in this article is meant just to primarily focus on the build-up to this event, hence why the WMXI stuff is noted in the IYH1 article. D.M.N. (talk) 12:04, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- The King of the Ring winner was not guaranteed a title shot because of a stipulation in the tournament at this time. It was more of an unwritten rule. Mabel was being pushed as the King of the Ring, so they put him in the main event at SummerSlam.
- Ah, OK. I've fixed this to make it sound like a shot was not guarateed, for instance, in the bit about Mabel in the Background, I've changed the sentence too: "As part of his King of the Ring victory, the Mabel character received a push from the WWF creative team, resulting in a WWF Championship match at the SummerSlam pay-per-view." D.M.N. (talk) 12:04, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- In the "Event" section, you refer to Michaels' finisher as both "Sweet Chin Music" and a "Superkick". These are the same thing, so the name should probably be consistent.
- In the same paragraph, the wod "grounding" is used three times, which is a little repetitive.
- The phrasing in the Hart/Yokozuna-Allied Powers match is a little confusing in one sentence: "The challengers held the advantage for the majority of the matchup, using "heel" tactics to keep the advantage." The challengers were the Allied Powers, the "face" team. Did they actually use heel tactics?
- Consistency is needed with names preceded by "The". "Roadie" or "The Roadie"? "Undertaker" or "The Undertaker"? This has been an issue in at least one GA review before.
- In the last paragraph of the "Background" section, "beat-down" and "beatdown" seem too colloquial for an encyclopedia. Perhaps "attack" or something like that would work better.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on In Your House 2. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071011052315/http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/wwfppvbr.htm to http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/wwfppvbr.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.otherarena.com/htm/cgi-bin/history.cgi?1995%2Fraw040395
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.otherarena.com/htm/cgi-bin/history.cgi?1995%2Fraw062695
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://otherarena.com/htm/cgi-bin/history.cgi?1995%2Fraw071795
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.