|WikiProject Linguistics / Theoretical Linguistics||(Rated Start-class)|
I'm putting this up here because I saw a link to this page and there was nothing here. My understanding of polysynthesis is very basic, though, so hopefully somebody will fix this up a bit. Ozy 01:07, 2004 Aug 10 (UTC)
I'd be interested in keeping this page but then creating a new page specifically for noun incorporation. NI is much better documented than other types of incorporation and there seems to be confusion on other pages as to what constitutes canonical NI. Any opinions on this? Straughn 17:50, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- I think that until there's enough material to warrant two separate articles, it makes sense to keep it all together. Noun incorporation redirects here already, so it can be discussed here until the article gets too big. Angr (talk) 15:05, 31 May 2006 (UTC)
I removed a link to a paper of mine (that I didn't put here) because it's outdated and I don't really believe it anymore. Here's a link to a current paper of mine:
although this is far from a definitive source on the subject. There are more general references that I believe should be used instead.
- I just re-read the article, and the paper in question is cited as a source for the data used in the article. Of course, then, it needs to remain.
|Text and/or other creative content from this version of Object incorporation was copied or moved into Incorporation (linguistics) with this edit on 18:17, 2 August 2011 (UTC). The former page's history now serves to provide attribution for that content in the latter page, and it must not be deleted so long as the latter page exists. The former page's talk page can be accessed at Talk:Object incorporation.|
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Incorporation (linguistics). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140620224327/http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/faculty/mithun/pdfs/2009%20Polysynthesis%20in%20the%20Arctic.PDF to http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/faculty/mithun/pdfs/2009%20Polysynthesis%20in%20the%20Arctic.PDF
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.