|WikiProject Indonesia||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Indonesian literature article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
- This article still need a lot of work to do. Please help me on this. Acaramoy 13:45, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
- These are some usefull links:
- Review of some Indonesian books
In my opinion, the article is an excellent framework for expansion into a full-blown survey of Indonesian literature. Acamaroy has supplied an impressive list of generations and authors, and all we have to do is to fill it in.
This leaves me with a question which I would like to put before colleagues. In attempting to expand, I find that two different approaches seem possible.
- Each generation could be discussed as fully as possible, with its origins, its characteristics, the social and political background, and all the authors. Advantage: the article will be very complete and will present a comprehensive survey. Possible disadvantage: the article might become very long, and not all readers would get as far as present-day times.
- Each generation could be discussed rather briefly, with connections to other generations and mention of the main authors only. For each generation, we could then write separate articles which would deal with that generation more fully. Advantage: the article would be easier to take in, and readers could, if sufficiently interested, follow the link to the specialist article. Possible disadvantage: the article would serve as a brief introduction only.
Would colleagues be interested in discussing this matter? I should of course very much like to learn the opinions of Acamaroy, as the originator and creator if this article. Thank you very much, Bessel Dekker 16:06, 12 October 2007 (UTC)
Moved from User talk:BesselDekker:
Hello BesselDekker, thanks a lot for your contribution in the Indonesian literature. I think it is a good idea to discuss each generation briefly in the article and to create a new article for each generation, so that we can deal with each generation more fully. A problem is, I can only contribute to the listings of works and authors from each generation. I don't have sources for contributing in articles of each generation. Could you perhaps help me on this? Acaramoy 12:27, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for your reaction, Acaramoy. Your idea seems very workable. If you can supply the authors' names and book titles, that would be great; I do not have those. Then I shall try to fill in some of the background. The problem is: my sources go no further than 1980 (Jassin: Pujangga Baru, Teeuw: Sastra Indonesia Modern, Ajip Rosidi...). But it is a beginning, and when we come to Angkatan '80, perhaps we can consult on how to proceed?
- So what do you think would be the first step? We might put some (red) links in your article, and from there fill them all in, so that they become blue step by step. (In my experience, it is then easier to write the long article first, and only after that insert a brief summary in your survey article. But that is not an important point.) I am looking forward to your reply.
- Is it all right if I copy this conversation to the Indonesian literature talk page, so that everybody can follow it? Bessel Dekker 13:48, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
- Pujangga Lama: Indonesian literature: Early literature in Malay
- 1870-1920: Indonesian literature: Sastra Melayu Lama
- Balai Pustaka: Indonesian literature: Balai Pustaka
- 1933-1950 Indonesian literature: Pujangga Baru
- Generation of 45: Indonesian literature: Angkatan '45
- Generation of 50: Indonesian literature: Angkatan 50-an
- Generation of 66 until Generation 70: Indonesian literature: Angkatan 66
- Generation of 80: Indonesian literature: Dasawarsa 80-an
- Reformation period: Indonesian literature: Angkatan Reformasi
Bessel Dekker 14:18, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
- Insert in subheads in Indonesian literature article:
- Insert as headnote to each subarticle:
- This article is about one period in Indonesian literature. For a survey, see Indonesian literature
Bessel Dekker 14:18, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
End of fragment moved, Bessel Dekker 19:06, 19 October 2007 (UTC)
This article has a lot of good information in it, but it seems to need some organizational work. Are there people watching this article who are interested in working on it? Also, I didn't see any mention of Pramoedya Toer... And I'm wondering about the exclusion of Dutch writers and the writings of native ethnic groups within Indonesia. Is this wise? I look forward to reading any and all responses. ChildofMidnight (talk) 00:26, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
Confusion about Rocambole
The section translation listed Rocambole and I changed this to Rocambole (character). The former links to garlic, which can't be correct. The latter links to a character rather than to the name of a work, but I assume this is correct. Feedback?Interlingua 12:57, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
Ambon (In Ambonese Malay and Dutch)
Buton (in Wolio, Arabic, Buginese, and Dutch)
Minangkabau, Malay, and Arabic