|WikiProject Computing / Software|
What do these mean?
What does "Does not support Vista Administrator Elevation on demand (only when required for installation directory or registry manipulation)." mean? Even Google doesnt know what "Vista Administrator Elevation on demand" is. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:36, 10 April 2010 (UTC)
- This means that the program will ask for admin privileges (password?) if this is necessary to accomplish the installation. If it is not, however, the installer can be run on a limited user account without the need of knowing an admin PW.
- mfg, OldDeath - 09:16, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
- I suspect that it was referring to User Account Control. Specially read "Requesting elevation" section.
- However, you needn't worry about this sentence. I deleted the Missing features section because it lacked source and I didn't believe a word of it. Contents that lack source in Wikipedia may be challenged or deleted. Fleet Command (talk) 10:06, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
- I deleted this section too. It was so technical that I suspect only an elite minority are interested in it; and amongst those minority, none would find it useful to create an installer that simply aborts itself. Besides, I didn't believe it to be factually accurate. It lacked source and therefore potentially harmful. Fleet Command (talk) 10:06, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
Is there any purpose for the (now broken) OpenCandy PuP link on this page? There is no mention of it within the article itself. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2604:6000:1509:C23E:C801:96E2:7A57:8F58 (talk) 03:58, 6 August 2017 (UTC)