Talk:International Chemical Identifier
|WikiProject Chemistry||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Chemicals||(Rated Start-class)|
It appears that there is no actual specification of InChi which is actually complete. All appears to be centered around the software that does it. The IUPAC site distributes software, in it there is a technical document, but it is not complete. Journal articles and presentations only talk about InChi and its layers but not precisely how the most important layer works: the connectivity layer. This information should be found somewhere and referenced. BTW, some links here are broken. Gschadow (talk) 15:39, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
- Found one source http://depth-first.com/articles/2006/08/12/inchi-canonicalization-algorithm/ and figures the connection layer out myself. Gschadow (talk) 04:24, 9 November 2013 (UTC)
InChI generator at Cambridge
The external links to Cambridge U. appear to be dead, is this temporary? V8rik 21:29, 15 September 2005 (UTC)
We have upgraded our server. It is working now Petermr 11:34, 2 April 2006 (UTC)
Many InChIs are too long to fit on a page. Some browsers (e.g. Firefox) will distort the layout if they are inline whereas others will wrap/break in the middle.
InChIs cannot be broken, so I suspect the best strategy in WP is to use a new paragraph to display the InChI and to position it where it isn't immediately after a float (image). Petermr 11:34, 2 April 2006 (UTC)
- Agree (As suggested in my previous PROD:) No attempt at notability. Serves as advertising for organisation. As non-commercial org, possibly a merge with InChI Trust Widefox (talk) 09:53, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
- I'd be happy with a merge of InChI Trust into International Chemical Identifier - COI declared. Rsc.kidd (talk) 08:33, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- oppose each notable in own right, identifier existed before trust. Slowking4⇔ †@1₭ 15:25, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
- Support merge: The InChI trust only exists to oversee the InChI, and isn't especially notable on its own, so both can fit on the main InChI page. Walkerma (talk) 21:23, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose: the InChI trust only exists to oversee the InChI, and defined the standards, but the standard is Open and exists in its own right. EgonWillighagen (talk) 12:01, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose: The identifier is a standard and a software, the InChI Trust is an organization. They are just like Wikipedia and Wikimedia Foundation. I don't think they can be merged together.Timothy Gu (talk) 02:50, 3 December 2012 (UTC)
Nomination for deletion of Template:InChI
Template:InChI has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. -- 184.108.40.206 (talk) 05:55, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
Methinks the word "human-readable" in the lede is a bit overenthousiastic. After the opening line already said "textual", it could be just 'linear text code' or 'alphabetical' or so. -DePiep (talk) 19:57, 6 October 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on International Chemical Identifier. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20071030202540/http://www.iupac.org:80/inchi/release102.html to http://www.iupac.org/inchi/release102.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.