|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|It is requested that a map or maps be included in this article to improve its quality.
Wikipedians in the United States may be able to help!
Do we really need to list every bridge over the Intracoastal? That seems a bit excessive. The waterways, sure. I can make an argument for that. But the bridges are too much.--Xj14y 21:51, 29 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- The ICWW is usually a local landmark, and bridges over it are too. These bridges are usually major enough, and hopefully eventually there will be a separate page about each. --SPUI 02:00, 30 Dec 2004 (UTC)
Thanks to whoever figured out the (much better) placing of the images. I wrote an e-mail to the AIWA and got permission to use the map from their website, but I am not sure how to indicate this on the image copyright page. Vaoverland 02:09, Jan 2, 2005 (UTC)
- Was it permission for Wikipedia or GFDL in general? Wikipedia:Image copyright tags has info on the tags; search for permission. --SPUI 03:00, 2 Jan 2005 (UTC)
I requested permission to use it in the Wikipedia article and recieved an email in the affirmative. Vaoverland 03:03, Jan 3, 2005 (UTC)
I have a commercial product directly related to the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway. It is a DVD video set, a documentary of a sort, about voyaging down the ICW from Norfolk, Virginia to Miami, Florida in a private boat. ( http://www.snowbirders.net ) It has been well received by both the boating press and purchasers (see reviews page on the website mentioned). My question is: Can I add my website to the "external links" portion of the ICW artical? I want to stay within the Wikipedia ethical guidelines ... and if this is not the place to ask a question of this sort, I don't know where else to do it. Snowbirder
I can think of a few reasons to build the Intracoastal Waterway off the top of my head (safety, weather, no waves, defined route) but I don't know if any of those were declared when they first built the waterway. Can someone fill in the gaps? --Rob 19:53, 22 July 2005 (UTC)
Split the bridges/waterways off into a separate article. Especially since the list only covers Florida and Georgia.
The bridge list is too long, and should be moved to another page, and definately have them sectioned off to make editing easier. --Mcmillen76 20:14, 29 October 2005 (UTC)
The bridge list is unnecessary. However, since the bridges are important enough to one day have their own page (because each one is nationally-known, right?), they should be moved to a 'Bridges over the Intracoastal Waterway' page.
Wasn't it originally built partially for naval defense in case of naval attack?
Route north of Raritan Bay
Yeah, it says both that it ends at the Manasquan River and that it ends in Boston. Can't both be true. Isn't is also considered to end in Norfolk VA? Trnj2000 16:50, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- I agree--it's very confusing for us to say it runs as far north as Virginia, and as far north as New Jersey, and as far north as Boston. To top that off, we claim that it passes through Casco Bay, which is about 100 miles north of Boston. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 13:29, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
Florida Southwest Coast
- Especially considering part of the article considers New Jersey at the northern end, and part of it, Cape Cod. CSZero (talk) 19:24, 4 August 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Intracoastal Waterway. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110722190628/http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/Divisions/Executive/Branches/CCO/DOCS/SettingThePace_DistrictOverview.pdf to http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/Divisions/Executive/Branches/CCO/DOCS/SettingThePace_DistrictOverview.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.