|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Iraqi Kurdistan article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2|
|This talk page is automatically archived by lowercase sigmabot III. Any threads with no replies in 3 months may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Daily page views|
Article full of politician and war
Why is the article full of only war, uprising and politicians? There are separate sections for each one, don't put everything here. There is nothing about Geography, climate, education, and economy!!!
ancient period section
Hi could anyone find more information about the referendum for the Independence of Kurdistan? I found everywhere sources. But what is the wright story?
I've updated this map so that the official area conforms with what the sources on this article show. The disputed areas I have not checked. It's easy to fix this map so please just comment any issues and I will try to fix them as soon as I can. The older maps don't show the recent gains that the Peshmerga achieved during the current war against ISIS. If the updated map has inaccuracies, please help find sources to fix them. Regards,
Semi-protected edit request on 11 December 2017
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
- Not done: Your request is blank or it only consists of a vague request for permission to edit the article. It is not possible for individual users to be granted permission to edit a semi-protected article; however, you can do one of the following:
- If you have an account, you will be able to edit this article four days after account registration if you make at least 10 constructive edits to other articles.
- If you do not have an account, you can create one by clicking the Login/Create account link at the top right corner of the page and following the instructions there. Once your account is created and you meet four day/ten edit requirements you will be able to edit this article.
- You can request unprotection of this article by asking the administrator who protected it. Instructions on how to do this are at WP:UNPROTECT. An article will only be unprotected if you provide a valid rationale that addresses the original reason for protection.
- You can provide a specific request to edit the article in "change X to Y" format on this talk page and an editor who is not blocked from editing the article will determine if the requested edit is appropriate. —KuyaBriBriTalk 17:19, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
There is no Jewish community in Kurdistan
Wikipedia became a host for fake news currently you need just one link and you can post everything here. The news about Jewish families in Kurdistan are false made up by politicans and media controlled by them to get western support. Not everything state media posts is true.
"Israeli expert says media reports of 430 families in region incorrect. There is no Jewish community in Kurdistan,” said Dr. Mordechai Zaken, head of minority affairs in the Public Security Ministry. http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/So-are-there-Jews-in-Kurdistan-432756 --BaranKurd (talk) 17:26, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
The Kurdistan Regional statistics office annually actualizes the population numbers. To exaggerate the number by nationalists up to 10 million is false. The last population update for 2017 was 5.8 million. The number of refugees can not be added to the population because they are not residents of Kurdistan and now most of them started to return after the end of the war. The same goes for diisputed areas. People playing with the population datas and are trying to exaggerate while wikipedia should give us realistic infols. --BaranKurd (talk) 17:37, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
Refugee and IDP
Diceplaced Iraqis in Kurdistan Region are not refugees they are IDP (Internally Displaced People) because Kurdistan is part of Iraq.