|WikiProject Australia / Demographics||(Rated Start-class)|
This article was changed from a redirect to Italian Australian by User:Adrianobonc, all of whose edits have have been unformatted, unwikified, long runs of text, most of which begin with "Adriano Boncompagni (author)". A number of his edits have been either reverted or deleted as copyvios to websites for organizations associated with Adriano Boncompagni (mostly ecotourism in Italy sites). So what I suspect has happened is that the user has dumped a few of his essays onto wikipedia, maybe while not being aware of the GFDL implications. It is rather good text, so if someone can straighten out the licensing/copyright issues it may be worth merging with Italian Australian.Whitejay251 16:42, 4 May 2006 (UTC) I've merged some of the first part of List of Italian Australians (What was once titled as simpily Italian Australian), In my opinion this 1st couple of paragraphs I've added should also be apart of this article and not just the history. -- Unknown User 13:29, 9 October 2006
- This article makes a lot of references in the text to legitimate academic sources (such as the ANU demographers Borrie, MacDonald, Hugo, Price etc). It needs to be properly referenced to actual texts. Also the sections need to be broken up into subsections.--Grahamec 03:22, 13 March 2007 (UTC)
- This stuff really worries me. It has been around for a long time - it was added in April 2006 as a single slab of text. It has been tagged for references for ages and nothing has happened. I am proposing to remove the bulk and only leave in what I can find references myself, quickly and easily. The user (Adrianobonc (talk · contribs) has never returned to wikipedia after his one day of editing A Google search shows he apparently holds a PhD and has written a book published by Barnes and Noble in 2002 - The World Is Just Like a Village : Globalization and Transnationalism of Italian Migrants from Tuscany in Western Australia.--Matilda talk 06:25, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- A potentially suseful source for citations is at http://www.italianlives.arts.uwa.edu.au/__data/page/2786/Italians_in_Australia_bibliography.pdf - it is from this I found the Pesman ref Matilda talk 06:31, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- I am slowly working to insert the refs first. Then I will consider removal of unsourced and unsourcable (easily) material. Matilda talk 07:08, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:TinaAimer1.jpg
Image:TinaAimer1.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
BetacommandBot 02:33, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
Choice of pictures
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|As per Wikipedia:WikiProject Demographics of Australia/Booian Australian importance more than 100,000 Australian residents declared their place of birth on the 2006 Australian census as being Italy hence its rating as Demographics-importance = top --Matilda talk 21:33, 2 June 2008 (UTC)|
Substituted at 18:23, 17 July 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Italian Australians. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080720101723/http://www.southern-cross-group.org/archives/Statistics/Numbers_of_Australians_Overseas_in_2001_by_Region_Feb_2002.pdf to http://www.southern-cross-group.org/archives/Statistics/Numbers_of_Australians_Overseas_in_2001_by_Region_Feb_2002.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.