- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: move. Whether or not this article should exist, it seems clear that this is the only song named "Jack" currently notable enough for an article on Wikipedia. If it is determined that the other song, or any other song, with this same name is notable enough to have its own article (by getting that article), there is/would be cause for this to be reversed. -- tariqabjotu 18:43, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
Jack (Breach song) → Jack (song) – Only song called "Jack". 22.214.171.124 (talk) 22:54, 21 July 2013 (UTC) — 126.96.36.199 (talk) has made few or no other edits outside this topic.
- Support, but why is this article notable in terms of WP:GNG? Tbhotch.™ Grammatically incorrect? Correct it! See terms and conditions. 02:01, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose it should redirect to the disambiguation page Jack ; there no references in this article at all, and it is a likely candidate for deletion. The current "Jack (song)" points to a different song. -- 188.8.131.52 (talk) 05:39, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose – that title is taken, by another song named Jack. Disambiguate that perhaps, but don't flush it. Dicklyon (talk) 05:53, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose - and redirect Jack (song) to Jack where both songs are listed. In ictu oculi (talk) 08:35, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose per above. It might be more appropriate to pay attention to WP:NSONGS which reads, Notability aside, a standalone article is only appropriate when there is enough material to warrant a reasonably detailed article; articles unlikely ever to grow beyond stubs should be merged to articles about an artist or album. At present there isn't enough to consider keeping, let alone moving. --Richhoncho (talk) 12:32, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose it clearly is not the only song named jack and it should be a redirect as User:Richhoncho says. noq (talk) 14:08, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- Comment – I moved Jack (song) to here since the other album it redirected to did not have "Jack" released as a single. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 19:08, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- That is not a reason to usurp the other article without gaining consensus. Neither song is notable in any case. noq (talk) 20:09, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose – "Jack (song)" seems too expansive in scope. It's also not the only song named "Jack" as the proposer had claimed. If it has primacy over all the other songs named "Jack", that claim should be backed. --Article editor (talk) 02:15, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
- Support – The other song called "Jack" is not notable on Wikipedia. Just a redirect. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 11:09, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
- Support – I do support since there is a similar discussion at Talk:Best Song Ever (One Direction song). 18.104.22.168 (talk) 21:03, 27 July 2013 (UTC) — 22.214.171.124 (talk) has made few or no other edits outside this topic.
- Also support – Forgot to say it with my comment. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 01:40, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- Support If this is the only article about a song named Jack, this shouldn't be controversial. --BDD (talk) 17:33, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.