|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
How much of this article is true and how much is fiction generated by the Jack Daniels marketing department? Ben Finn 22:31, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
- Good question. My impression is that the article is based more on the company website and popular stories than on serious historical investigation. —BarrelProof (talk) 02:10, 31 October 2011 (UTC)
- I'm removing the sentence about how "his birthday is traditionally celebrated in September" because I'd give good odds that it's a modern marketing department invention chosen *specifically* to co-incide with the return to college/university crowd. ALSo the "reference" is not a reference at all, their website is one massive flash behemoth, and the 'reference' simply points to the front page. I can't confirm that any such thing ever existed in the quoted "reference". It should not be re-instanted unless someone can give a specific non-corporate reference, or a corporate reference that is specific (url or citation leads to the actual content, not the top page of a huge website) and shows in convincing fashion that it is a really is an old tradition, not a marketing invention, and even better would be to explain why and when it came to be. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 15:37, 31 August 2012 (UTC)
Date of birth
- According to the Blood & Whiskey biography, neither one. —BarrelProof (talk) 02:10, 31 October 2011 (UTC)
Date of Birth and Mother's Death
According to the page, he was born in 1850, but his mother died in 1847. This tends to lend credence to the 1846 birthdate, but it's definitely something to check out. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 20:07, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- According to the Jackdaniels.com webpage and the visitor center in Lynchburg, TN, he was born some day in September 1850. Snailwalker | talk 04:32, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
- I changed it to say "c. 1865 – 1911". He is reported to have learned the trade as a teenager. —BarrelProof (talk) 16:35, 2 October 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Jack Daniel. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100109133641/http://www.thewhiskyguide.com/America/Jack_Daniel_Distillery.html to http://www.thewhiskyguide.com/America/Jack_Daniel_Distillery.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.