|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Jadzia Dax article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Star Trek||(Rated B-class, Top-importance)|
|WikiProject Fictional characters||(Rated C-class)|
Jadzia is the seventh host of Dax. Isn't inaccurate to say that ahe feeds off of the seven previous hosts, considering that she is the seventh host? The only person feeding off of seven lifetimes is Ezri. Polkmin (talk) 15:35, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
Does anyone know one way or the other what was done with Jadzia's body once the funeral service had ended? I had seen a line in the article that said her coffin had been launched into space, but that wasn't shown on screen, nor was any mention made over her final disposition on screen. I know one book (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume 2) had mentioned that Jadzia was taken back to Trill and buried there after the funeral services. I changed the line about Sisko going to visit her before her coffin was launched into space to going to visit her before her funeral.
JesseG 02:07, 11 May 2006 (UTC)
Somebody had added Jadzia to the LGBT category. Can someone tell me how she fits into this category?? --NeilEvans 21:36, 2 July 2006 (UTC)
- In one of the episodes, she kisses another woman (and not in a grandmotherly way). I don't remember the particulars but I think it had something to do with the trill having once been in love with this woman when the trill had occupied a male host body. But the episode caused quite a stir in its day.
- Atlant 00:43, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
The kiss in question was a female-female, romantic kiss, but it was not a bisexual kiss (if that doesn't make sense...well, that's Star Trek for you). Jadzia Dax is not a bisexual. -- User:Spock 220.127.116.11 03:51, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
- Hold up now... She changes genders, as do most Trill. That's at least within the realm of "T". She has romantic relationships with both men and women. That's within the realm of "B". And when the episode mentioned above came out, it was lauded by the LGBT community as a step towards actually having a character that represented the community. I'd argue that she does belong in the LGBT character category. -- SatyrTN talk | contribs) 14:49, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
- There has been a lot of LGBT talk about Star Trek. In Rejoined Jadzia is forced to work alongside a former lover from another host, both of whom now just happen to be in female hosts. They find that they are still attracted to one another and struggle with what to do with their feeling and end up kissing in a "Non-Grandmotherly" way. See Here
(FLJuJitsu 23:45 06 Sept 07
One again, she is not a homosexual or bisexual. If you don't understand that, then it's probably because you don't understand Star Trek or the Trill. Please do not re-add that category. -- User:Spock 18.104.22.168 15:51, 23 September 2007 (UTC)
- The above comment is hardly verifiable evidence. Not "understanding" Star Trek is not a valid argument. Someone may just have a different understanding of it than you. Anyway, the fact is that Jadzia Dax was attracted to and kissed Lenara Kahn. Maybe it was Dax kissing Kahn, but, Jadzia certainly didn't seem to mind that Kahn's new form was the same gender as hers and neither did Lenara. If they both were exclusively heterosexual then why would there have been a physical expression of their attraction on screen? The section should be added and written in a neutral way. Example: Many fans speculate about the complex sexuality of this intriguing character.
Its really less about if she is homosexual or bisexual and more an issue of that she provided the first woman on woman kiss on screen, and it is for that reason I say that the category is appropriate. FLJuJitsu 09:11 20 June 08
I expanded this artical to include more information from the TV Show. FLJuJitsu 15:50 08 Sept 07
I've rewritten this article in an out-of-universe perspective. It could probably use expansion in a few places, and it should be checked for accuracy. (My memory is a bit shaky for certain episodes, especially in the second half of the series.) Jim 20:46, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
- Looks good, checked it against Memory Alpha + the DS9 DVD's. Added some small details but otherwise it was correct. FLJuJitsu 17:38, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
Categorie fictional bisexual women
Jadzia kissed in one episode a women wich was her wife when she was in a former live of Dax a man. This was nothing lesbian, it was an alien Trill thing where the one of her former male lifes in her remembered his love. Over six seasons of DS9 the permanent topic around the character Jadzia is with wich man she had dates or relationships. Any further romantic relation with women then this one kiss was never mentioned in any way in whole DS9 series. She is without any question a pure heterosexual character and thatfor this categorie does not make any sense. Not even the Dax creature in her is somehow bisexual. It just remembers the lives and loves of different heterosexual men and women which he was connected with before. --22.214.171.124 (talk) 10:27, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
- It's a tough call but I think the category is helpful for interested readers in the subject. When they read the article they will understand the extent and meaning of the one "female" relationship Dax had. The former male being in a woman's body(and whose personality was merged with the woman) did not prevent Dax from a relationship. 331dot (talk) 10:32, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
- "The Trill of It All – Terry Farrell Interview, Part 1" — fourthords | =Λ= | 17:58, 26 March 2016 (UTC)