Talk:Jake and Dinos Chapman
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Arts and Entertainment||(Rated B-class)|
|WikiProject Visual arts||(Rated B-class)|
Source for the "protestor" chucking paint around being Barschak:  (Daily Telepgraph, 23rd June, 2003), among others. I don't really want to add this to the external links in the article, because it's about Barschak rather than the Chapmans, but thought I'd better put it somewhere, so here it is. --Camembert
several links on this page (links to White Cube pages) don't work.
What is this bit of info at the bottom? Whoever put it there (or someone else, I haven't the time right now to do it) should either delete it or fix it up and add it in a proper place in the article. Freecorbinj 12:22, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
This line is very funny: "Their father was a British art teacher and their mother an orthodox Greek Cypriot." What, by profession, or was it just a hobby?
Failure to abide by NPOV
1. Unsigned person above can we keep comments on topic i.e. not about our personal opinion of the chapman brothers, and stick to discussion about how the article can be improved
2. someone has systematically gone through the article and altered it in line with what is clearly a biased contempt for the brothers e.g.
"The Chapmans' ouevre often attempts to recuperate work by accomplished artists" which implys that they are not themselves accomplished.
On 24 May 2004, a fire in a storage warehouse destroyed many works from the Saatchi collection including Hell, "to widespread approval from the British media and general public"
Why add that Kate Moss is an alleged cocaine user? how is that relevant to the Chapmans? Equally why add that Saatchi supported Thatcher? Thatcher was not in power at the time. Someone that is interested in Saatchi can go to the Saatchi page and see this. The article is full of these insidious insertions and needs cleaning up. I would like to deal with what i consider vandalism by someone without an account, but am very busy over the next few weeks.
3tmx 14:49, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
- I agree with this. The article has been turned into an attack and does not conform to WP:BLP or WP:NPOV. However, they are well known for provocation and shock tactics, as well as deliberate offensiveness, so this should be in the article, but needs to be very well referenced. I have done a clean up. Tyrenius 18:19, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
"In 2008, whilst on holiday on the island of Ibiza, Jake was taken ill with pneumonia."
"The couple were involved in the renovation of the house; they "chose iroko for the floors; a warm Brazilian wood normally used in ship keels." Ditto this comment, it should be removed. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2601:0:7E80:540:5102:ECD7:D8A9:7FE9 (talk) 19:14, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Jake and Dinos Chapman. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070207075127/http://comment.independent.co.uk/columnists_a_l/johann_hari/article2237694.ece to http://comment.independent.co.uk/columnists_a_l/johann_hari/article2237694.ece
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.