|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Confusing Sentence
- 2 Actor?
- 3 She Flys Me Away
- 4 Ridin Solo
- 5 Haitian American
- 6 Derülo?
- 7 Collaboration with Pryslezz
- 8 What If is #153 in the UK
- 9 Songwriter credits listed by other artist
- 10 Coming Home with Pixie Lott
- 11 Coming Home
- 12 Coming Home is #51 in the UK, and The Sky's the Limit is #87
- 13 the sky's the limit
- 14 "Bieber"
- 15 What are you people, retarded?
- 16 Requested move
- 17 Semi-protected edit request on 14 August 2015
- 18 Minor fix edit request
- 19 Semi-protected edit request on 3 March 2016
- 20 Assessment comment
- 21 Semi-protected edit request on 7 December 2016
Found the following sentence from the intro hard to comprehend, perhaps it can be re-written to be more clear:
After producing records for several artists and writing songs for Cash Money Records, co-founder of the label Birdman, Young Money Entertainment owner Lil Wayne and rapper Diddy, Derülo signed to minor recording label Beluga Heights.
I'm interested in finding out what sort of acting credentials that Derulo has. The main page references an acting career, but I'm unable to locate any information pertaining to this. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ohnoletsgo (talk • contribs) 17:05, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
Is he notable? The article gives no evidence of third party coverage, and Google searching produces social networking sites, Wikipedia, sites such as www.ilike.com, whe]]re anyone can create a page for themselves, other publicity sites, download sites... but no substantial third party coverage. Consequently I can find no evidence of satisfying the general notability guideline, and as for WP:ARTIST, he doesn't even begin to satisfy any of the criteria. JamesBWatson (talk) 17:50, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, he is notable, though his Wiki article does little to support that claim. His debut single "Whatcha Say," has reached the top ten on the charts in the U.S. and Canada (if not elsewhere). A search at Google News yields articles about DeRulo from Reuters, MTV, Billboard, the Los Angeles Times, and others. I would agree that the article needs a lot of work. For now, I have added a couple references to the article just to help demonstrate notability. Gongshow ⊕ 18:50, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
She Flys Me Away
Someone should talk about his other song, I think it's been released as a single: "She Flys Me Away". --220.127.116.11 (talk) 11:50, 16 November 2009 (UTC) tiara is wonderful —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 22:31, 15 April 2011 (UTC)
Because lead sentences don't usually emphasize ethnicity according to Wikipedia biography policies. There are other references to his ethnic background within the article and in the categories at the end (even though people keep trying to remove this category).Ravenscroft32 (talk) 12:17, 28 March 2010 (UTC)
Collaboration with Pryslezz
What If is #153 in the UK
- Not as bad as it sounds. IAC, we'd need a source for it. — JohnFromPinckney (talk) 02:35, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
It's difficult to source songs that chart between #101 and #200 in the UK, as it's only the top 100 that's published publicly on the Internet. To see below the top 100, you have to suscribe to some magazine. But it's climbed to #40 this week, so it's okay now. :) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 16:09, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
Songwriter credits listed by other artist
The Songwriter credits section currenty lists a few songs for which JD has writing credits. However, they're not listed by song (which would be the direct way), nor by album (also logical, since the songs are groupable that way), but by some other artists (where the connection is not immediately clear). There's also no lead-in text to explain what we're listing; it's just a sudden list.
I think the list would look better if it were more like this:
- "Bossy" from Birdman's 5 * Stunna
- "My House" and "She Can't Love You" from Cassie's Electro Love
- "Dr. Love", "Rain", and "Spank Me" from Donnie Klang's Just a Rolling Stone
- "My Life" from Pitbull's The Boatlift
- "First Come" and "First Serve" from Pleasure P's The Introduction of Marcus Cooper
- "Danger" from Stat Quo's Statlanta
An alternative might be to put the other artist last (again because it seems that that's the last thing that's relevant), as follows:
- "Bossy" from 5 * Stunna by Birdman
- "My House" and "She Can't Love You" from Electro Love by Cassie
- "Dr. Love", "Rain", and "Spank Me" from Just a Rolling Stone by Donnie Klang
- "My Life" from The Boatlift by Pitbull
- "First Come" and "First Serve" from The Introduction of Marcus Cooper by Pleasure P
- "Danger" from Statlanta by Stat Quo
I suppose some writing credits could be for songs which never appeared on an album, which would change our examples here.
Some other artist's album might be named after said artist, in which case, the lower format would probably be better, to avoid something like * "Discuss It" from JohnFromPinckney's JohnFromPinckney.
Coming Home with Pixie Lott
Jason Derulo has done a collaboration with Pixie Lott called Coming Home if you look at Pixie Lott's discography it is mentioned Coming Home with Jason Derulo it would be nice if it was mentioned here aswell! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 11:30, 5 September 2010 (UTC)
- If you bring reliable sources with you when you post suggestions, the changes are more likely to get implemented. — JohnFromPinckney (talk) 20:11, 16 September 2010 (UTC)
- Here is a ref.  —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:59, 17 September 2010 (UTC)
Coming Home is #51 in the UK, and The Sky's the Limit is #87
Someone should add these to the table.
On a side note, I'm a bit worried for the UK with regards to Jason. He's now had his 6th song chart, and he's only on his 3rd in the US. I'm a bit worried the UK are going to have some massive Jason Derulo drought whilst they wait for the US to catch up. Coming Home is set to be released in the US in like 6 months... Either that, or Jason will have to release extra singles in the UK, in the mean time. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 21:28, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
- Comments: "The Sky's the Limit" has been added, per http://www.theofficialcharts.com/singles-chart/ from 30 October 2010. The same page lists Pixie Lott's "Coming Home" at 51. That song would have to be in a different section, if listed at all. — JohnFromPinckney (talk) 03:42, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
Someone should state that Jason Derulo has a new music video, The Sky is the Limit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYGjxZh0W7U —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 04:41, 13 November 2010 (UTC)
the sky's the limit
Can someone change the Australia singles chart position of 'the sky's the limit' to #24 please. (reference http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display.asp?chart=1U50 ) and add the official video of this to the video section as well please. thanks :0) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 08:02, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
What are you people, retarded?
How is it you have a page on him yet don't give his genre? Are you people that dumb?
Thanks, A concerned citizen —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 20:09, 14 March 2011 (UTC) Jason Derulo had a interview saying "I messed up my life I did drugs and will never do it again" —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 20:26, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 14 August 2015
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
Minor fix edit request
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
Under "Awards and nominations", "2015" "YouTube Music Awards": - "Himself" and "50 artists to watch" should be switched. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:37, October 19, 2015 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 3 March 2016
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|This article may need to be edited and watched because it reads like a sales pitch.|
Substituted at 05:11, 13 May 2016 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 7 December 2016
- Not done: No evidence of Haitian citizenship. The introduction discusses nationality, not ethnicity. —C.Fred (talk) 02:11, 7 December 2016 (UTC)
- Cite error: The named reference
radio1.grwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).