Talk:Jason Williams (basketball, born 1975)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Jason Williams (basketball, born 1975) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
NEEDS MAJOR OVERHAUL
Very one sided and flattering. Will try my best to elimante weasel words. Feel free to help.
Agreed. Needs citations and grammar check. Manic Hispanic 06:32, 10 March 2007 (UTC)
I'm really skeptical about what I'm reading in the controversy section. The grammar is horrible and there are no citations.
VERY biased against williams. it portrays him as a terrible person. Though he has made mistakes, recently he has proven differently. Furthermore, this article left out the very important fact that pat riley has been changing his style of play to a less show-off style. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 06:36, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
Why is the entire Kings career section just controversies that he had? There's no information about him playing basketball or his career at all during that time 184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:12, 20 November 2016 (UTC)
Can the NPOV tag be removed? I don't see anything in this article that is particularly one-sided. Can someone either remove the tag or clarify what is disputed? MrShamrock (talk) 18:34, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
"In the 2007–08 season, Williams played 67 games while averaging 28.8 points and 10.6 assists per game. He shot 68 percent from the field, 87 percent from the line, 45 percent from beyond the three-point arc, and averaged 3.3 steals per game. His best month was March where he averaged 43.7 points and 12.1 assists while shooting 63 percent from beyond the arc and 52 percent from the field. Also in March, he had 34 points versus Orlando, connecting on five three-point baskets. He had two double-doubles: one against Phoenix and one against the Bucks. Both were 41 point, 20 assist performances."
-These statistics are completely wrong.
- I have not yet parsed the edit history to determine who added these stats, but there is a peculiar kind of game played on Wikipedia where anonymous users or vandalism accounts add as much false information as they can to see what they can get away with. I just checked Basketball-Reference.com for Williams' 2007–08 season:
- 114 x 2 = 228 points;
- 97 x 3 = 291 points;
- 69 x 1 = 69 points;
- total = 588 points;
- 588 points / 67 games = 8.7 points per game
- 2 x double-doubles
- 41.5% from 2-point range;
- 35.3% from 3-point range; and
- 86.3% from free-throw line.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Jason Williams (basketball, born 1975). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131227162416/http://archive.wbir.com/sports/pro_basketball/nba/article/156168/157/Grizzlies-sign-G-Jason-Williams%20Grizzlies%20sign%20G%20Jason%20Williams to http://archive.wbir.com/sports/pro_basketball/nba/article/156168/157/Grizzlies-sign-G-Jason-Williams%20Grizzlies%20sign%20G%20Jason%20Williams
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.