Talk:Jessica Simpson/Archive 5
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
|Archive 4||Archive 5||Archive 6|
Stop change her album sales!!!!! The rigth numbers are:
- Sweet Kisses - 4 quifs
- Irresistible - 3 quifs
- In This Skin - 7 million
- Rejoyce - 1,5 million
- A Public Affair - 800,000 (not sure if was 600 or 800)
- 16 million albuns worldwid aproximate (with the number of Do You Know (aprox. 300,000)
- I'll keep restoring the old figures until you provide a source. Where are you getting these numbers from?—Kww(talk) 00:35, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
- Forget! But since i´m know her, i saw these numbers as oficial sales from her albuns. Im reemerber, all of her two first albums sold 1 million more than her sister´s, but her third album, sold 6 million moore than her sister´s third album...But, where are you getting these numbers from?
(sorry by the bad english)
- I'm just keeping the existing figures until someone can show a reason to change them. If you are going to change them, you need to be able to point to a reliable source for the new figures. It can't just be something in your head, you need to be able to show where the new numbers come from. Too many fans just come to articles and increase figures and ratings because they like the artist, so it's important to know that the new numbers are real.—Kww(talk) 14:48, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
I know that! Jessica has a lot of haters,who come here just to do some kind of vandalism, they get down her sales nunbers, and a lot of other things. But where did you get these nunbers? Because i aways saw (including in this site) the nunber that i wrote up there... Send a e-mail for this site http://www.sweetkisses.net/ , askin her official sales (its a very famous fã site about Jessica)... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 19:30, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
The single for "The Dukes of Hazzard's" high debut on the pop charts proves that she can be a force to be reckoned with, and most likely we will see her album sales skyrocket in the near future. She is good.
- How do we know her album sales will sky-rocket in the near future? i think this should be striked from the record simply because it could be a flop just like all the rest of her albums. We dont know about the future and this is wishful thinking and not nuetral at all.
- I agree with the above poster; why would her album sales suddenly sky rocket? Besides, The Dukes of Hazzard soundtrack isn't even specifically 'her' album, it's just for the movie that she stars in, so naturally, being that Jessica has always primarily been a singer, she contributed to it. Wether the soundtrack flops or not shouldn't really be much of concern for her, seeing as it isn't going to affect her record sales. - Triggy, Jul. 15.
Featured Music Project evaluation
Jessica Simpson has been evaluated according to the Featured Music Project criteria, most recently affirmed as of this revision. The article's most important issues are listed below. Since this evaluation, the article may have been improved.
|The following areas need work to meet the criteria: Lead - Comprehensiveness - Pictures - Audio - References - Format/Style|
- The space below is for limited discussion on this article's prospects as a featured article candidate. Please take conversations to the article talk page.
- Lead: Should be two to three paragraphs long
- Comprehensiveness: Needs material on musical style, influences, legacy (if any), critical appraisal
- Pictures: Nice free pictures, but non-free image needs rationale; see Wikipedia:Image_description_page#Fair_use_rationale
- Audio: Needs sound samples of significant recordings
- References: Needs much larger references section that includes inline citations and possibly also print sources such as published biographies
- Format/Style: Needs more text under "Discography" heading
Music in School
I've seen it mentioned in some places that Jessica played alto saxophone at one time in school. Is this true? it should be noted if it can be confirmed. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:55, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
I think someone should put up a new pic of her from the chili cook off as it is her recently unlike most pics on here 1/30/09 —Preceding unsigned comment added by Dudemandude0909 (talk • contribs) 06:25, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
Biased article, again
After all the complaints that the article had been biased and written by fawning teen fans, now the article is almost entirely negative, with huge chunks of the article criticizing her voice, talent, and pointing out petty controversies more fit for a tabloid rather than an encyclopedia. The article has went from one extreme to another. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 04:40, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
- I agree. If you look at the "Criticisms and Controversy" section, you'll notice a whole bunch of things that are nothing but stupid shit that tabloid complain over. Haters love to cause trouble and take everything over. We need to regulate the hate on Wikipedia, because if you give haters the chance, they'll take over the site and it won't be recognizeable from ED. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 18:22, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
Fix this article
This is what happens when haters take over Wikipedia. Now this article needs to be cleaned up. Here's a tip: Just because an article isn't remotely insulting doesn't mean it's biased. Thanks a lot you mainstream hating asshats. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:40, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
Well I guess despite having contributed countless welcome corrections to Wikipedia, and even having been invited by one of the editors to be a special contributor, as well as being a registered, established user who has dutifully logged in, my humble attempt to correct the illiterate punctuation of "it's" in the first paragraph of the section 2006–2007: A Public Affair to "its" has been rejected by the "semi-protected" Guardian Robot. Therefore I humbly implore someone more eminent than myself to save Wikipedia once again from charges of incompetence.
I don't know if anyone is interested in doing some serious GA-type or FA-type improvements, but in the event that anyone is, or if anyone wants to work on it nonetheless, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Kate Bush, Mandy Moore, and Alison Krauss are all featured articles, so they are good examples to look at. Cliff smith talk 17:24, 11 October 2009 (UTC)