|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|A fact from John D'Auban appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 26 December 2009 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know||
A little bit of D'Auban's choreography survives to this day. At a Carl Rosa Iolanthe that I saw a year or two ago, they used the familiar old D'Oyly Carte choreography for the Act II trio. This, according to an article on D'Auban in The Savoyard, was pure D'Auban. The problem is how to cite it. We can rely of The Savoyard for saying that his dance was still in use in 1982, but I can't think of any source (other than the OR ones of my own eyes) that says it was replicated in the 2000s by Carl Rosa. Tim riley (talk) 10:35, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
- Well, you can start by saying that DOC used it for over a century until its closing. As for Carl Rosa, ouch! The Times didn't think much of their Iolanthe: . This refers to Gilbert's prompt book: "Director Peter Mulloy, knowing that Peers still present a highly charged satirical target, aims for a balance between the original production intentions (assisted by Gilbert's prompt book) and a contemporary approach." All I can think of is a look at all the reviews to see if anyone mentioned it. BTW, in looking at this issue, I found this rather extensive article on Iolanthe. Do you think it is a reliable source for the Iolanthe article, or should be an EL? -- Ssilvers (talk) 16:44, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 7 external links on John D'Auban. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110928132115/http://www.gabrielleray.150m.com/ArchivePressText/20021221.html to http://www.gabrielleray.150m.com/ArchivePressText/20021221.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20091001164322/http://diamond.boisestate.edu/gas///other_sullivan/chieftain/chieftain_review.html to http://diamond.boisestate.edu/gas/other_sullivan/chieftain/chieftain_review.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20091001163557/http://diamond.boisestate.edu/gas///other_savoy/his_majesty/his_majesty_lib.txt to http://diamond.boisestate.edu/gas/other_savoy/his_majesty/his_majesty_lib.txt
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100702030443/http://www.emich.edu/public/english/adelphi_calendar/m92s.htm to http://www.emich.edu/public/english/adelphi_calendar/m92s.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20091001175649/http://math.boisestate.edu/gas///museum/gilbert/he_prog1/he_prog1.html to http://math.boisestate.edu/GaS/museum/gilbert/he_prog1/he_prog1.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20091001144640/http://diamond.boisestate.edu/gas///other_gilbert/fallen_fairies/web_op/index.html to http://diamond.boisestate.edu/gas/other_gilbert/fallen_fairies/web_op/index.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081210092757/http://www.arthurlloyd.co.uk/Archive/August/prog1detail1.htm to http://www.arthurlloyd.co.uk/Archive/August/prog1detail1.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.