|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Have removed the above. If any such template is put on a page there really should be an explanation in the talk page. To my reading, there is nothing wrong with stating that his views are unpopular with many women; similarly, the alst paragraph mearly reflects the rection over his Robin Cook comments Robdurbar 22:23, 18 August 2005 (UTC)
Is the author of the article absolutely sure that McCricick attended Harrow? That is a public school and a famous one at that...so why does he effect a London accent? Celtmist 4 March 2006
Yes I am sure, I read it in an interview. Harrow is practically in London anyway, and I went to a public school and I have a London accent, as I am from London Lazmac 12:03, 4 March 2006 (UTC)
- yes, interesting. Maybe, Lazmac, you're from the younger generation. I always thought that those born the time McCririck was were taught to speak the English of the Received pronunciation variety. Still, if you say so, I've no reason to disagree. Celtmist 4 March 2006
- The Guardian article at  also makes reference to him attending Harrow mattp 01:16, 11 April 2006 (UTC)
The Guernsey school link is inaccurate. I remember a TV interview when Big Mac stated he was a fag for Julian Wilson (Later of BBC Racing) when he attended Harrow.Paul210 20:28, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
This silly nonsense about him going to a school in Jersey is back. There is no referenced material to this effect anywhere Paul210 15:17, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
- What do you dispute about the online reference? And why do you call it silly nonsense? Man vyi 17:49, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
According to the source given, he attended both Channel Island schools mentioned: Guernsey until the age of 12 and moved to Jersey thereafter. Harrow presumably followed. Crink (talk) 20:18, 28 April 2013 (UTC)
Harrow (again) and Sporting Life
(new section as last post previously was 2007)
Yes, he went to Harrow, where he was expelled, ostensibly for bookmaking. This is in his book "John McCririck's World of Betting" of which I think I lent my copy out.
While at the Sporting Life he won Sports Journalist of the Year (forget awarded by whom) for exposing the Tote (Horserace Totalisator Board) for sending bets "down the line" after time to reduce their payouts. This should be mentioned-- he is not quite the arse he sometimes seems.
Similarly his misogyny he would dispute-- while he does not deny using (for the sake of brevity) sexist language, he claims to have a real respect and fondness for women.
Could editors please remember that this article comes under the provisions of WP:BLP, and so all material likely to be challenged needs rock-solid sourcing? Thanks, --John (talk) 12:16, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on John McCririck. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131005003647/http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/big-brother/john-mccririck-enters-ultimate-big-brother/ to http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/big-brother/john-mccririck-enters-ultimate-big-brother/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.