Talk:John N. Warfield
|WikiProject Biography||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Systems||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Neutral point of view
This page seems to violate the Neutral point of view guideline, seeming a bit like promotional material. I'd like to see more details and fewer laudatory comments. I'd also like to see pages that detail out the many undefined terms.
RichMorin 18:15, 25 January 2006 (UTC)
Written by himselve
From the history, this article seems to have been written largely by Warfield himself, which violates WP:AUTO. I'm not going to suggest this article be deleted, because I truly believe that Warfield is notable (heck, I own one of his books myself). But it would be good to see some citations to third-party references to back up the material in this article. And, as you've pointed out, the promotional feel needs to be toned a down quite a bit. --Allan McInnes (talk) 02:38, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
- I think Warfield is not only notable but also a key figure in the Systems movement.
- As far as I can see part of the article is based on: John N. Warfield's, Autobiographical Retrospectives: Discovering Systems Science, which was publiced in the International Journal of General Systems, December 2003, pages 525-563.
- Now I'm working on the article, which will deliver some more references - Mdd 21:49, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
Due to possible violation of copyright, see WP:Copyvio, I have removed the worksection of this article for now.
I apologize for all inconvenience I have caused here, see also here. If you would like to assist in improving this article, please let me know. I can use all the help I can get. Thank you.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on John N. Warfield. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131019210104/http://www.panetics.org/DisplayOneEvent.cfm?i=158 to http://www.panetics.org/DisplayOneEvent.cfm?i=158
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071023101416/http://panetics.org/DisplayOneEvent.cfm?i=165 to http://www.panetics.org/DisplayOneEvent.cfm?i=165
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071025070101/http://panetics.org/DisplayOneEvent.cfm?i=10 to http://www.panetics.org/DisplayOneEvent.cfm?i=10
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080827223459/http://mars.gmu.edu/dspace/handle/1920/3059 to http://mars.gmu.edu/dspace/handle/1920/3059
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.