|WikiProject United States / Indiana / Ohio||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Biography||(Rated Start-class)|
I just took a picture of his gravestone and added it. I will add a portrait of him when I can get time to scan it (made before 1920). After I do that I will put the portrait at the top and move the gravestone to the death section. Nowimnthing 22:50, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
WikiProject class rating
This article was automatically assessed because at least one article was rated and this bot brought all the other ratings up to at least that level. BetacommandBot 17:51, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
I think that at some point in time in the future the truth should be laid out about John F purdue This document is propaganda. - purdue university was aquired by the state after John F purdue truly (perdue)was "diagnosed with supposed mental illness" along with all other assets due to the fact that John did not have a wife. However he did have rightfull dependants and family thus the long painstaking process of litigation....and hence why no true perdue attended the university. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 06:22, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
- lol how could the state acquire a state run institution? Look up the Morrill Act, Purdue was a donor and trustee not the owner. I would not completely rule out mental illness later in life, there may be some evidence, but we would need some solid sources before adding it. Nowimnthing (talk) 18:24, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
"following Salmon Portland Chase's office"
"In 1869, he helped found the Lafayette Savings Bank, following Salmon Portland Chase's office as Secretary of the Treasury."
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on John Purdue. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080705012515/http://profile.myspace.com/johnpurdue_purdueuniversi to http://profile.myspace.com/johnpurdue_purdueuniversi
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071018030740/http://web.mac.com/johnpurdue/iWeb/johnpurdue/Purdue.html to http://web.mac.com/johnpurdue/iWeb/johnpurdue/Purdue.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140201172417/http://oldsite.lib.purdue.edu/spcol/johnpurdue/ to http://oldsite.lib.purdue.edu/spcol/johnpurdue/
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.