Talk:John Sparrow David Thompson
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the John Sparrow David Thompson article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
First, my apologies for removing the speculation about his age at death. I wasn't looking at his date of birth in the table, but rather at the article itself (which, I would suggest, should also contain the speculation). I am curious about the dispute between the sources. Which sources are we relying on? HistoryBA 02:52, 19 Nov 2004 (UTC)
Note that there is a duplicate article at John Sparrow Thompson. That article should actually be for this one's father, who, while significantly less well known, was notable enough to have his own article in the Dictionary of Canadian Biography . Cheers, Fawcett5 21:55, 3 November 2005 (UTC)
Name of the article
I would prefer "John Sparrow David Thompson" rather then "John Thompson (politician)", more accurate and respectful. Souris2005 00:45, 29 August 2006 (UTC)
- I don't understand why it's not at that title. As I understand it, he went by the four names and he's generally referred to today by the four names. It also builds in a pretty strong disambiguator. Without any serious objections in the next few weeks, I shall have it moved. DoubleBlue (Talk) 10:32, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- That sounds good to me. The current title is probably inadequate anyway because we have eight other Jonh Thompsons listed as politicians. --JGGardiner (talk) 22:50, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 9 March 2014
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
- Not done: It is not possible for individual users to be granted permission to edit a semi-protected article. You can do one of the following:
- You will be able to edit this article without restriction four days after account registration if you make at least 10 constructive edits to other articles.
- You can request the article be unprotected at this page. To do this, you need to provide a valid rationale that refutes the original reason for protection.
- You can provide a specific request to edit the article in "change X to Y" format on this talk page and an editor who is not blocked from editing the article will determine if the requested edit is appropriate.