|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the John Stockton article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
You sure he coached a Greek team? This wasn't in the news.
I'm sorry, but i had to take out the completely ludicrus line calling his basketball sense Wayne Gretskyesk. I guess it would be smart to say that if you were trying to describe Stockton to a hockey fan, but otherwise it makes no sense at all. This isn't the canadian wikipedia lol.
Is there a picture we could add to supplement the article. If someone could find one, then that would be nice.
Someone might want to add the fact he holds the record for most seasons leading the league in Fucks. I dont know exactly, but I think its 9.
I changed the picture of Stockton, since I thought that the previous one was a) not particularly high quality and b) didn't show his status as a basketball player. This current photo may have copyright problems though.
Removed the following...
...because it was rather redundant and a bit fan-boyish:
Stockton possessed a stellar sense of where to move the ball. He was one of the best passers ever, proficient in launching fast breaks and running the half-court offense. He was a feared clutch shooter and one of the most durable and best-conditioned players of all time, rarely missing games and still playing at All-Star level near age 40.
He was also one of the best ball-thieves in the game and played superb help defense. Stockton and his perennial partner Karl Malone were considered the quintessential pick and roll duo. He was famous for his ability to set picks against much bigger players.
Stockton won a gold medal as a member of the 1992 Dream Team in Barcelona.
Any info out there about Stockton having the largest hands in the NBA until Shaq came along? I believe Jordan was second for years.
Amphibiousthp 01:53, 24 June 2006 (UTC)
Yesterday, I updated the section referencing the Wooden quote and regarding Stockton's son's hockey team gaining ice time at the Delta Center with the appropriate references. Thestormofwar 14:08, 21 September 2006 (UTC)
Floor story anyone?
The mention of the contract stipulation that his kid's hockey team could use the Delta Center reminded me of an amusing bit of Stockton/Malone trivia. Unfortunately, I can't find any reference to it to refresh my memory. Perhaps a Utah resident would have better luck. Here's the story as remember it. Back in the early to mid 1990s when the Jazz changed their logo from the musical note to the mountain theme, the Delta Center floor was replaced. If I remember correctly, Stockton and Malone each paid Larry Miller some token (for them) amount (like $20,000) to each buy half of the floor as a momento. Later that season, the new floor was damaged (due to the ice rink underneath), and the Jazz rented the floor back from them for a few games. At the time it was amusing anyway. Can anyone find the details? Would it be worth adding as a trivia addition? XKL 08:21, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
The current pic is ludicrous, surely a clearer and more relevant photo is available - would do something about it myself but not really sure about the rules on pics
- Images use on Wikipedia have to be free, or its copyright is not owned by anyone. I realize that the image is not the best but it is the best avaliable image. See Wikipedia:Image use policy.—Chris!c/t 19:19, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
it says "jizz" instead of jazz throughout this article
Hall of fame and gold medal
John stockton is a very good basketball player, who played for the Utah Jazz in the years of (1984-2003). He hold the all-time leading category in assists, and steals.
Can someone tell me why Magic Johonsons page cant add discussions?
- I don't know what you mean; Talk:Magic Johnson is not protected in any way. --Nlu (talk) 17:28, 9 March 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on John Stockton. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090311053817/http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com:80/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/11/22/gallery.alltimepointguards/content.6.html to http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/11/22/gallery.alltimepointguards/content.6.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100818075707/http://www.hoophall.com:80/hall-of-famers/tag/1992-united-states-olympic-team to http://www.hoophall.com/hall-of-famers/tag/1992-united-states-olympic-team
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131004223117/http://neckar-riesen-ludwigsburg.de/magazin/artikel.php?artikel=2185&type=&menuid=54&topmenu=6 to http://neckar-riesen-ludwigsburg.de/magazin/artikel.php?artikel=2185&type=&menuid=54&topmenu=6
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131005000048/http://www.gozags.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26400&ATCLID=205173772 to http://www.gozags.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26400&ATCLID=205173772
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.