|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the John Swartzwelder article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
You know, it would be fascinating if this were true:
- John Swartzwelder is pseudonym used by writers of the animated television series The Simpsons. Other writers of the show have created a "John Swartzwelder" character, a long-haired, potbellied chap with a moustache, which has been seen in a few episodes of the show.
According to one of the commentaries from season 3, the the writers of "Itchy and Scratchy" in "The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show" are physically based on the writers of the simpsons. And the one who has a tshirt that says "Gut" on it is John Swartzwelder. Maybe someone could get a screencap of that character from the episode and add it to the page.
- That shouldn't be too hard to do. Krupo 17:45, 25 June 2006 (UTC)
So was there ever actually a picture of Swartzwelder on here, or was placing a dead link as a picture of him a joke? Master Deusoma 17:22, 12 September 2006 (UTC)
There is another picture of John with a group of writers on the internet somewhere. I've tried to find it but was unsuccessful. It also had Wallace Wolodarsky there. Anyone know where it is?
They mention on season eight commentary in the episode Hurricane Neddy that Swartzwalder is the guy in the first room who hides from the Simpsons as they're touring the mental institution and that's why there's that guy holding the Free Swartzwelder sign. Could someone add it?
He's definitely real - I went to high school with him (Renton [WA] High School 1967). Here is his yearbook photo: http://gr8white.com/images/johns.gif I had heard in the 80's from a mutual friend that he was writing for TV. One thing that confuses me is the birthdate, which would make him 16 at graduation - has that been verified? Gr8white 07:23, 1 January 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, I placed that there a while ago because the article said nothing about the Season 9 commentary. I've removed it. Zagalejo 02:26, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with Image:FreeSwartzwelder.png
The image Image:FreeSwartzwelder.png is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on John Swartzwelder. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://antennafree.tv/2013/06/27/pilot-error-the-legend-of-john-swartzwelders-pistol-pete
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.