Talk:John Thompson (basketball)
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
||It is requested that an image or photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
Why the Nike Portal ? Mrbluesky 18:11, 8 February 2006 (UTC)
2 incidents were named.
1. Racist sign incident, article claims he put up the sign himself. I have searched the Washington Post archives, and the incident is referred to a few times, but nowhere does it say he did it. Respectable source trumps some webpage.
2. Unsourced, apocryphal feel.
3) This entry takes up entirely too much space discussing tawdry, impertinent and unverified myth & legend -- matters that, if deserving a place at all (that is, if they were sourced), belong in a sentence, perhaps a sentence clause. Examples 1) the drug leader vignette, 2) the non-specific, & again, unsupported, aside regarding Thompson's manipulation of racial tension in motivating his early-80's clubs. Hence, this reads as some Hoya undergraduate's riffing, quasi-sociological, faux-historical meanderings regarding the school's legendary basketball coach. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Rande M Sefowt (talk • contribs) 04:12, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
Years at Georgetown
Is it not an undersight not to have the specific years of his Georgetown tenure listed? Czrisher 12:36, 31 March 2007 (UTC)
I believe this statement is erroneous.
Thompson still holds conference records for most overall Big East wins (231), most regular-season Big East wins (198) and conference championships (seven regular season, six tournaments).
Jim Boeheim of Syracuse has won 323 Big East games regular season.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on John Thompson (basketball). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110708090042/http://www.bouncemag.com/2008/09/02/washington-dc-hoops-john-thompson-playground-basketball-georgetown-hoyas-alejandro-ali-danois-big-east-conference/ to http://www.bouncemag.com/2008/09/02/washington-dc-hoops-john-thompson-playground-basketball-georgetown-hoyas-alejandro-ali-danois-big-east-conference/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080714084631/http://www.411mania.com:80/movies/dvd_reviews/78860/American-Gangster:-Season-Two---Disc-3-Review.htm to http://www.411mania.com/movies/dvd_reviews/78860/American-Gangster:-Season-Two---Disc-3-Review.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
Archived sources still need to be checked