Talk:Journey to the River Sea
|WikiProject Novels||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Children's literature||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
This article needs some drastic improvement. There are several plot errors in the summary, and the summary itself is written in the wrong format and tone. The standard book template is missing; along with the image of the book (only a link is given). I plan on improving it when I can, but can anyone else help?
- I could lend a hand ......
- What exactly do we need to do? Rewrite the plot and get a photo?
- No problem.
- Give me a day or two and the photo will be here.
- April809's Contribution ..... (talk) 19:20, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
Vandalism From IPs
Several anonymous edits were made to the article and were found to be vandalous.
This problem needs to be fixed.
I provided a reference for the Carnegie, though I removed the "LA" in front of Carnegie becuase I couldn't figure out what it meant. Please add it back in if it was not a mistake! Thanks, --Contributions/126.96.36.199 (talk) 17:08, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- That section now has the heading Awards, not Reception, because there is no content except Award showings. --P64 (talk) 16:38, 19 June 2012 (UTC)
LC Summary and Subject headings
Here are the Summary and Library of Congress Subject Headings from that U.S. catalog. This will be useful at least to document that it is considered genuinely historical. ...
Summary: In 1910, orphaned Maia, sent with her governess to live with eccentric relatives in Manaus, Brazil, endures many hardships before fulfilling her dream of exploring the Amazon River.
- Orphans --Amazon River Region --Juvenile fiction.
- Orphans --Fiction.
- Governesses --Fiction.
- Interpersonal relations --Fiction.
- Adventure and adventurers --Fiction.
- Amazon River Region --Fiction.
- Manaus (Brazil) --History --20th century --Fiction.
- Brazil --History --1889-1930 --Fiction.