|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Judging Amy article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Television||(Rated B-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject United States / American Television||(Rated B-class, Low-importance)|
I tried to find a place to express an opinion to CBS without success. Please forward this to anywhere it may help bring back the "Judging Amy" show.
I am extrememly disappointed that CBS cancelled "Judging Amy". As far as I am concerned and many of my family and friends, that show was in a class of its' own. The cohesivess of the actors,the plots, and especially the presence of Tyne Daley made this my favorite show. Often times shows become old. Judging Amy had as its' source, the judicial system and the Child Services Program as a back drop forthe characters. At times those institutions were the focal point and addressed serious issues using a cast with whom we had become so comfortable. What a wealth of material from which to choose for writers!
I so miss seeing three generations of women living in the same home which, by the way, is so common in our country today. I especially enjoyed the dialogue between "Tyne" and her granddaughter in their backyard regarding the "grandmother's" smoking.
It was truly the only program that I looked forward to every week. What a loss.
- In the U.S., it's on every week day (two episodes) from 12:00 PM-2:00 PM. Michael 05:58, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
- In fact, the two episodes on today were the series finale (when Amy goes to give testimony before the Senate, Maxine is proposed to by Ignacio, etc.), followed by the series premiere. I was glad to be able to finally see these two. Michael 18:33, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
Was it worth it?
What were the shows that CBS replaced J.A. with? Were they successful? If not, the cancellation was a total waste.--Wikiphilia 02:58, 21 July 2006 (UTC)
- I'm not sure. You may want to check some old news stories online or some forum which may give some info. Michael 04:07, 21 July 2006 (UTC)
But we cannot say that, anyway...We may think it was a waste, but that would violate WP:NOR and WP:NPOV were we to include it into the article, though mention to its successor's success (or lack thereof) is admissible. Michael 09:00, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
If someone could find some more, that would be great. Michael 08:58, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
Amy's Love Interests
Referring to Amy's love interests - Isn't there the judge missing? His name was something like Judge 'Grumble'? I mean that black haired elderly man who kinda saved her for example when she had that class meeting thing.. ~Regards
A Link To Commander-In-Cheif
Why are we showing what stations it airs on internationally
To my knowledge the show wasn`t even that popular to air internationally so why shhould what title it airs under in south africa or any where else in the world besides the united states. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 05:08, 23 February 2007 (UTC).
Can anyone tell me where I can find picrues of the house interior of Judging Amy piticularly the kitchen Thanks —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:17, 2 April 2007 (UTC).
I don't speak Slovenian but it seems to me that "Naša sodnica" means "Our judge", perhaps someone could confirm/deny? --Hburdon 19:53, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
Is there a separate article for a list of episodes? I can't find a link to it. Ospinad 20:07, 30 November 2007 (UTC)
The date ranges for S2 and S3 need to be changed to be consistent with MOS:DATERANGE. I've twice changed S2, but editor Cristinaliliana has changed it back, presumably because she is not familiar with the MOS. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 13:32, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
Possible copyright violation
- Strongly doubt it. Would be difficult to find the origin anyway and the onus would be on the contributor to establish that. I'm going to go through and remove the summaries and replace them with embedded notes. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 16:51, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
- One thing I was curious about is if maybe IMDb or the other sources got their content from Wikipedia. That's unclear. What is clear is that beginning with this edit from Brazilian IP 22.214.171.124, and stepping forward through the diffs, we see that episode information and plot summaries show up suddenly and without any manipulation of grammar, conciseness or tone after that. Typically we see an evolution of plot summaries as editors contribute, and as writers fuss over their content. So my guess is that it was a large copy/paste job, which we also saw from Cristinaliliana, as well-meaning as she might have been. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 16:59, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Judging Amy. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081116035017/http://da.co.la.ca.us/mr/archive/2006/030106c.htm to http://da.co.la.ca.us/mr/archive/2006/030106c.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.abcmedianet.com/Web/progcal/dispDNR.aspx?id=060204_11
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.abcmedianet.com/pressrel/dispDNR.html?id=060105_05
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.