|WikiProject Yorkshire||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
There is no monopoly:
The Independent regulator Office of Communications (Ofcom) stipulates that KCOM must make wholesale broadband access products available to organisations that wish to provide internet services via its network. KCOM meets the requirement and offers a range of wholesale broadband products to meet the needs of ISPs (Internet Service Providers); therefore the broadband market in Hull and parts of East Yorkshire served by KCOM is open to any ISP who wants to offer broadband via KCOM’s network
Is it still the case that BT have a trunk exchange in Hull, nextdoor to Telephone House, to connect national/international calls to/from KC customers?? Or have KC installed their own network connections?? (RM21 20:02, 21 June 2006 (UTC))
Could we have a link to their AUP as people seem to have an issue with it? they do not seem to have it on their website, maybe someone has a copy?
- Just show me ignorance but what's an AUP? --Achmelvic 08:07, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
- AUP = Acceptable Use Policy. Thryduulf 00:13, 4 May 2006 (UTC)
I would like to include http://www.hullnet.co.uk on the Kcom site. the site is trying to remove the "sudo" monopoloy that KComs has in Kingston-upon-Hull for Broadband and phone. I have picked one company, but I do not work for them so I'm not advertising for them. This is just a strategic approch to the "sudo" monopoly problem we have in Hull. --Spiderbug (talk) 11:25, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
- As indicated previously this does not fit in with our external links policy. I have also removed the forum link that you pointed out to me. Though I would welcome the opinions of other editors on the inclusion of this link. Keith D (talk) 12:26, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
Last edited at 12:30, 1 May 2008 (UTC). Substituted at 20:47, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on KCOM Group. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131112125913/http://www.kcomplc.com/about-us/our-history/ to http://www.kcomplc.com/about-us/our-history/
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.