|↓||Skip to table of contents||↓|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the KDE article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
There is a Link "see also" to the history of KDE. However the linked article has been replaced by a redirect to the KDE article, making the reference useless. I suggest either to replace the redirect to something like Kde4#Released_versions or directly replace the link in "see also". However this part would not cover the time before KDE4. TTL2 (talk) 13:27, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
Whats the notability of country logos?
Are the KDE Argentina and Chile logos notable enough to show here. I mean something like Kubuntu logo would be more notable than these country logos.
KDE e.V. is an affiliate of the Open Source Institute for a while now. Anyone wants to add that to the article? Some sources: http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Open-Source-Initiative-affiliates-announced-at-FOSDEM-1428905.html http://opensource.com/life/12/2/osi-announces-new-initiatives-and-seeks-your-input http://opensource.org/affiliates/list --LydiaPintscher (talk) 19:12, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
It'd be great if someone could add the KDE Manifesto to the article. Here's some useful sources:
- http://ervin.ipsquad.net/2012/10/12/kde-manifesto-unexpected-party/ — Preceding unsigned comment added by LydiaPintscher (talk • contribs) 19:26, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
The press page for KDE may be a bit dated. They say 1800 developers and 6 million lines of source code, however, ohloh has that figure much higher:
- https://www.ohloh.net/orgs/kde — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2610:130:102:1200:6899:CC63:C07A:89C1 (talk) 19:52, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
Grammar, language issues
The article looks somewhat "unenglish" to me (especially the "Akademy" part, for example). Please note thta I am not a native english speaker and so might be mistaken. --CHF (talk) 03:39, 27 May 2013 (UTC)
- You are very correct. User Alisha.4m extended various KDE articles a lot quite a while ago. And while the effort is great she used incredibly bad English, sometimes so bad I wondered if automated translation tools of the sections I wrote for German Wikipedia were used. For some time I tried to clean up after her and fix the grammar but she added more and more bad grammar, I eventually gave up… --KAMiKAZOW (talk) 13:02, 27 May 2013 (UTC)
Please add disambiguation to term "KDE". See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_density_estimation — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 20:06, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- I've changed the hatnote to point to the disambiguation page so that other entries such as that one can be found when you type "KDE" in and arrive here. - Aoidh (talk) 20:17, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
Blanking of Developer Sprints
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=KDE&curid=16629&diff=679534591&oldid=677318751 – Why? --KAMiKAZOW (talk) 00:48, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on KDE. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120207160207/http://bubl.ac.uk/ARCHIVE/subject/computing/misc/coseup6.htm to http://bubl.ac.uk/ARCHIVE/subject/computing/misc/coseup6.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Development-begins-on-a-lightweight-KDE-version-1841501.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
There is a underway discussion about the desktop environment categories. I would be grateful if you participate in it:
It is also related to below categories: