|This page was nominated for deletion on 10 July 2008. The result of the discussion was redirect.|
This article makes 0 sense since theres to parts, both saying the same thing and one already identical to the other Hikaru article. Desperate clean up. Stabby Joe 15:24, 13 May 2007 (UTC)
- The pages are mostly duplicates of one another.
- The characters profiled generally act as one unit, both physically and from a storytelling point of view.
- They normally appear together.
- They are not always distinguishable from one another.
- They are often referenced simultaneously. (e.g., in List_of_Ouran_High_School_Host_Club_characters, where they are one heading)
--CrazyDreamer 00:59, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
- They are almost exactly the same in the show, personality-wise and physically. The only difference is that Hikaru's hair is parted to the right, and that Kaoru is a little nicer than Hikaru. The articles are almost identical and it would make sense to merge them --Linkhiei 21:31, June 8, 2007
- These two really should be merged. Most fictional twin articles are, for the reasons described by others. Merge in my opinion.--NeonRoses 18:59, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
- Don't merge Get What your saying but: They are very much alike. But in certain episodes, such as Episode 16 and Episode 5, Kaoru and Hikaru are not together, and you see more of each of their separate personalties. Therefore, I don't think they should be merged. Shikkachi 6:37 18/6/2007
- I believe the category should be merged to "Hitachiin Twins". Although it's been proven in the animanga that Hikaru and Kaoru are very separate entities, the information in both references are redundant of eachother. →07:42, 3 August 2007 (UTC)188.8.131.52
- Don't merge I think having 2 different ones are better. Beacuse later (spoiler) Hikaru dyes his hair black. Plus they have differnt seiyus and are 2 different people with slightly different personalitles —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 03:36, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
- Merging with the Ouran characters page seems a little strange. I agree that merging the two twins together in the one page makes a bit more sense, since although Hikaru is the more prominent of the two twins in the beginning, they are both individual major characters and Kaoru is having significant developments in relatively recent chapters. The twins start off as very similar in the beginning of the series, but it is a plot line in the manga that they are growing apart and changing into unique individuals. Iotadel —Preceding comment was added at 04:25, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
- Merge I concur that there's no reason for the articles to remain separate. The twins -almost- always act in concert, and while there are subtle differences in their characterizations and they occasionally act separately, there's probably more to be gained by merging their articles together; anything they have in common is likely to be duplicated on each page, and everything that contrasts them is likely to be duplicated on each page anyway in the portion that talks about their differences. While it's a valid point that they grow more independent as time passes, until a merged article would be forced to devote considerable space to talking about just one of the twins or the other beyond just small things that contrast him with his brother, it makes sense to have one unified article. Joydmn (talk) 06:38, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
- Don't merge I think they should stay separate because they really are two different characters even if they're twins...and by the way...Hikaru's hair parts to the left and Kaoru's hair parts to the right. --Kaoru-chan1234 (talk) 22:34, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- The articles are completly the same with a few words changed. These should have been merged along time ago. Stabby Joe (talk) 15:46, 30 March 2008 (UTC)
- I agree, there really isn't much reason to separate the articles, as for those concerned on preserving their identity as individuals, it would actually be easier to compare and contrast the two in a single article, there's no need to mirror an article in order to recognize them as separate. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:32, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
- Don't merge They are both different characters. They may be twins, but they are still different characters and should not be separated. The articles also need cleaning up. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:00, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
- Merge They should be one article, but with separate sections within the article, such as "Hikaru, manga" and "Kaoru, manga" and "Hikaru, anime" and "Kaoru, anime." That would make much more sense, because they're very different people in the manga, but not so much in the anime at all... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 03:38, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
- These articles should not be merged as one article as Hikaru and Kaoru, though they are twins and fairly similar, are still two very separate beings. The manga and anime both stress this issue. Also, as the manga is continuing, Hikaru and Kaoru are becoming more and more different, as is illustrated from Chapter 61. Therefore, more information about each twin individually should be added to the articles, but they should not merge. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:34, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- Don't merge I think that they should put more info about each twin beacause i don't think they should be merged together. i personally find it easy to tell them apart so you can put like their differences. -Someone —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:16, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
HostClubFanatic: I love the twins, so Merge (Stay)