Talk:Kes (Star Trek)
|WikiProject Star Trek||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Fictional characters||(Rated Start-class)|
My reverts to this article have been in accordance with WP:STYLE, our manual of style. In addition to this, I am requesting that you not vandalise my Userpage, as you did in this diff . Generally it is considered in poor taste to edit someone elses userpage, and other have been blocked from editing for similer things. -AKMask 13:23, 6 December 2005 (UTC)
Redfeldian transcorporeal migration
I would suggest to delete the phrase a process similar to Redfeldian transcorporeal migration for various reasons. First of all, I am unable to find any information online regarding such a process. In fact, the term Redfeldian transcorporeal migration doesn't yield any results on Google and neither does it do so after changing the spelling to Redfieldian or by adding keywords such as James Redfield.
Moreover, if the process is meant which people undergo in The Celestine Prophecy (TCP), then the comparison is inaccurate. Nowhere in the Star Trek: Voyager series is it stated or shown that Kes goes through various comparable insights in her transition. She becomes telepathic rather immediately without going through any of the TCP insights.
Thirdly, the last insight in the TCP is dubbed as Understanding that humankind are on a journey towards living in perfect harmony with each other and nature, as our world evolves over the next 1,000 years into an Eden-like paradise. Kes began to destabilize at a subatomic level and turned into pure energy. As far as I can tell, these two are hardly the same.
I'm open to other views, of course.--Scathane 10:23, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
- What is RTM? Tenchi Muyo 08:48, 16 March 2006 (UTC)Tenchi Muyo
- I can only assume that the insights are meant... But as I said, the term doesn't yield any viable results on the web...--Scathane 08:43, 18 March 2006 (UTC)
Since no one is objecting, I'll delelete the phrase.--Scathane 13:09, 1 April 2006 (UTC)
Can someone choose past or present and make the (minor) edits accordingly? That'd be swell. Maybe there should be a WikiProject:Tense —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- Anything that mentions events actually depicted in the series, books, whatever should be present. --EEMeltonIV 02:06, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
So, in the Voyager book by Poe, there is a bit about the development of Kes, and how she was planned to age over the course of the show. The idea apparently was to make her look a bit older every half-season. Is anyone aware of any on-the-record statements why this never happened? Morwen - Talk 10:28, 4 January 2007 (UTC)
Ocampans in the Delta Quadrant
- "Kes was an Ocampan, an elf-like race native to the Delta Quadrant" - that's ambiguous, wouldn't that mean that she alone was a whole race? (126.96.36.199 17:38, 29 Apr 2005 (UTC))
This article is in need of some fixing. Some of the statements above "powers" are confusing.
I see nothing wrong with that description at all. There is nothing ambiguous about it, however there must be more context in terms of the episodes. Simply rushing into the episodes and explaining Kes roughly through them is not really explaining her very well. Tenchi Muyo 08:53, 16 March 2006 (UTC)Tenchi Muyo
I'd like to know more about why Jennifer Lien left the show. There are rumours about her being fired but nothing concrete.
- I don't know anyone who really liked the character - personally I found her sappy and irritating, and her relationship with Neelix totally unconvincing! Gymnophoria (talk) 12:31, 10 July 2010 (UTC)