|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Why is the Japanese name in kana instead of kanji? Isn't Kikkoman a Japanese word? -- -- Error 01:15, 28 Jan 2004 (UTC)
- I've seen Japanese words spelled with katakana instead of kanji before, apparently as a form of emphasis. The Hikaru no go manga use katakana for 'Hikaru', for instance. Salsa Shark 01:21, 28 Jan 2004 (UTC)
- Accrding to the company website, the name spelled with katakana was decided back in 1927, 77 years ago. I read somewhere that in early 1920s, using katakana for the name to appear like it had been imported was a cool thing. Kikkoman(亀甲萬) is a Japanese name of its logo written in kanji. It is made up of Man(萬), lit. ten thousand, in a hexagon which is a Kikko (亀甲), lit. a turtle shell. This comes from a belief that a turtle lives 10,000 years so the logo is a good luck charm hoping that the company would have long history. Revth 13:18, 9 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- yeah, it's just a stylistic choice. i think i have seen the "full kanji" version on bottles in either china or taiwan.
The revenue figure of Y 344,625 is obviously wrong -- that's only US$3100 or so. What's the correct amount? -- Mikeblas 17:00, 11 September 2006 (UTC)
- They must sell it very cheaply! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
Yeah, I noticed that too. $3100 a year to pay 6000+ employees? --Coolbho3000 23:44, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
oh no!!! :P
"In its 2006 report about GMO/non-GMO foods available on the market, Greenpeace mention Kikkoman as using genetically modified ingredients coming into its soy sauce."
- I've removed that from the story; it needs a reference. -- Mikeblas 18:14, 6 October 2006 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:KikkomanLogo.png
Image:KikkomanLogo.png is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.BetacommandBot 22:04, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
Copyright problem removed
Prior content in this article duplicated one or more previously published sources. The material was copied from: here. Copied or closely paraphrased material has been rewritten or removed and must not be restored, unless it is duly released under a compatible license. (For more information, please see "using copyrighted works from others" if you are not the copyright holder of this material, or "donating copyrighted materials" if you are.)
For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or published material; such additions will be deleted. Contributors may use copyrighted publications as a source of information, and, if allowed under fair use, may copy sentences and phrases, provided they are included in quotation marks and referenced properly. The material may also be rewritten, providing it does not infringe on the copyright of the original or plagiarize from that source. Therefore, such paraphrased portions must provide their source. Please see our guideline on non-free text for how to properly implement limited quotations of copyrighted text. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously, and persistent violators will be blocked from editing. While we appreciate contributions, we must require all contributors to understand and comply with these policies. Thank you. Diannaa (talk) 00:16, 22 July 2015 (UTC)