Talk:King's College London Students' Union
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the King's College London Students' Union article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Universities / Student Affairs||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject London||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
This article is hardly balanced
- It's largely factual, is it not? --Coffeelover 22:06, 28 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Factual is not the same as balanced. It depends whose facts you use
- Since next to nothing has been offered the article not being NPOV, can I propose to remove the tag until any time that someone actually puts forward a stronger case. If there are no objections, I'll do so in 24 hours. Timrollpickering 14:14, 1 May 2005 (UTC)
Oldest Union in England
This, like the "third oldest university" in Britain is a much contested title. It is certainly not something that can be claimed without citation. I know there is a rivalry between UCL and Kings, but it doesn't mean we can use original research. I have found half the pages on the internet support the idea that UCL has the oldest union, and half that support the idea that Kings have the oldest union. I cannot find any conclusive or exhaustive evidence of either being true. If somebody has the time I would suggest a separate article regarding the matter. Freols (talk) 22:37, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
Ah - the trivialities! :-) Is Reggie still carried round the Aldwych at the Freshers' March every year, or have health and safety concerns stopped this?. Reggie had already been filled with concrete for many years when I arrived at King's in 1974. He was bloody heavy and it took about 20 to lift him. Reggie was "re-equipped" in 1976, having been castrated by UCL students of a previous generation. I was secretary of the Students' Union from 1977-78, and I still have copies of handbooks and the then newspaper Magus. I'll add a bit more to this article when I have time. Sasha 15:23, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
Students' Union / Association sabs list deletion
- I've started a discussion on
Chriscf's Talk Pageas this involve all the union's page. Please go there to provide your opinion if you're interested. -- KTC 16:04, 12 December 2005 (UTC)
- I will be removing the above discussion from my talk page. User talk pages are for personal communication. They are not for conducting general content debates. Feel free to start a discussion in the Wikipedia namespace, but this is not an appropriate discussion for user pages. Chris talk back 16:01, 19 December 2005 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Kclsu crown id.png
Image:Kclsu crown id.png is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in Wikipedia articles constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.BetacommandBot 15:44, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on King's College London Students' Union. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111114144841/http://www.studentradioawards.co.uk/news/fullstory/4025 to http://www.studentradioawards.co.uk/news/fullstory/4025
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Hello wikipedians. Noticed this article was deleted and redirected to the main university as it was felt that KCLSU was not sufficiently independent/different. KCLSU is an independent charity from the University with it's own board, history and structures. It is linked to notable personalities like Ivison Macadam, Reggie the lion and Desmond Tutu. Rather than redirecting to the main University given the 145 year old history of the student's union I believe the page should be reinstated. Teamdcmr12 (talk) 09:15, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
- Largoplazo's replacement of the article with a redirect in July was with regard to what they considered the subject's notability - specifically its notability as a separate organisation to King's College. Connection to things or people who are notable does not endow notability by association. With regard to Wikipedia's notability criteria, see WP:NOTABILITY.
- Your change to the project banner above does not undo the redirect, but if you think the subject can be shown to be notable, you may undo the redirect on the article page.--DavidCane (talk) 19:10, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
Someone just restored the article. Based on the above, I'll wait a couple of weeks to see whether notability is demonstrated, otherwise I'll restore the redirect. Largoplazo (talk) 04:20, 20 January 2018 (UTC)