|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|The following references may be useful when improving this article in the future:
I'm sorry, I don't know the proper protocol for flagging this, but I believe that the newly added paragraph stating "...bought by an unknown Saudi Oil Sheik..." is false and should be removed, because the reference listed does not verify the statement, nor does any other source I've been able to find. If this were true, it would be a significant story in the industry and I've seen no other mention of it.
This probably shouldn't just redirect to one game hosted on king.com...
MDELAVINA: Please clarify. The article directs readers to the site, which has numerous games. What exactly are you recommending that we change to avoid deletion?Mdelavina (talk) 08:13, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
I've made every effort to substantiate what is said in the article. All the information is factual. Please clarify exactly why this is "advertising" so I can revise and resolve the issue. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 06:59, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
I'm reaching out to any administrator who could help us revise the King.com article. Again, please offer any suggestions I can make on my end to resolve this. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:20, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- You don't need an administrator; any editor can help you. For one thing, the article shouldn't sound like a press release -- "a leading skill games company" and "its premier destination" are a bit over the top for an encyclopedia article. The current article is only about how wonderful King.com is, and the references aren't all helpful. ("Casual Connect. 2008-02-06" -- what's that? Where's a link?) Try looking at other articles about businesses to get an idea of the tone and wording you should use.
- Also, you don't have to keep adding "hang on" template; that's for articles that could be deleted at any time. Articles tagged with "advert" just need cleanup, but aren't in immediate danger of deletion. Trivialist (talk) 18:01, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
Please note that re: your definition of unambiguous advertising or promotion, we have rewritten the article. Please review and remove the "This article is written like an advertisement" flag. Please let us know if this requires additional changes. Mdelavina —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:50, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
Removal Of Popcap Games
On February 10, 2011, games licensed by Pop Cap Games (Bejeweled 2, Zuma, Amazing Adventures) were taken off of king.com's website. Reasons of this are unknown. It is a hidden journal inside king.com's Community section; you will need to contact The Fool in order to get more information. Also, a contact to Pop Cap Games is recommended. Does anyone have the original link to king.com's announcement? ElMeroEse (talk) 01:26, 28 February 2011 (UTC)
This is the link to the original post: http://www.royalgames.com/community/fool_entry.jsp?language=en&fid=4530 Skoen (talk) 02:53, 19 August 2016 (UTC)
An IP editor deleted a lot of content a couple of years ago, leaving this article as a stub. It doesn't name even one of their products! Someone please expand the article. Digifiend (talk) 14:26, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
IDIS-497 Interdisciplinary Studies Portfolio – Wikipedia Project
"King has only has 665 employees and parcels development out to small, autonomous teams of designers working with a "startup" mentality. Last year, the company spent $110.5 million on research and development, roughly 6 percent of sales."
King Digital Entertainment
It looks like the correct name of the company is "King Digital Entertainment", and they are going on the stock market at a huge valuation.
Edge games (see also section)?
Suggested edit / correcting facts
My name is Louise and I work on the Communications team at King Digital Entertainment. I recognise that this is a conflict of interest but there is information written about the founders of the company that is factually incorrect and we would like to get this changed.
Melvyn Morris was not a co-founder in the company. He was an Angel Investor when the company first started but not a founder or founding partner in the company.
He did serve as the Chairman of the Board, but he stepped down in November 2014. Gerhard Florin is the current Chairman of the Board. The following link will direct you to a press release that announces Melvyn’s departure - http://investor.king.com/investors/news/financial-releases/Press-Release-Details/2014/Gerhard-Florin-to-Succeed-Melvyn-Morris-as-Chairman-of-the-Board-of-King/default.aspx
The original founders were: Riccardo Zacconi Sebastian Knutsson Lars Markgren Patrik Stymne Thomas Hartwig Toby Rowland
This page looks like a sales pitch, rather than an encyclopedia article. Although relevant to an extent, there is too much emphasis on numbers and company culture. UKWikiGuy (talk) 15:02, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
Why no mention of their first concept and project, which are now called RoyalGames.com? This is where Candy Crush first was launched to the public and the whole reason why King wanted to make the game into a Saga. This site was called King.com until November 2013  where they rebranded the browser games site into RoyalGames and made King.com a corporate site which it is today. I have actually been a member on that site since 2007, where they actually had a bunch of PopCap Games like Luxor and Bejeweled 2.Skoen (talk) 02:49, 19 August 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on King (company). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140726045146/https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.king.farmheroessagakakao to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.king.farmheroessagakakao
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140213053949/http://www.candyswipe.com/king.html to http://www.candyswipe.com/king.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130513014423/http://www.imgawards.com/EN/nominee-fiche-1940-31.php to http://www.imgawards.com/EN/nominee-fiche-1940-31.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.