Talk:King Charles's Castle
|King Charles's Castle has been listed as a Warfare good article under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do, and if it no longer meets these criteria, it can be reassessed.
Review: May 2, 2014. ( ).
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the King Charles's Castle article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:King Charles's Castle/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
Hchc2009, upon my initial review of this article, it meets the majority of criteria for Good Article status. I will review this article more thoroughly in the coming days and I will share my comments and suggestions here for you to address before passing this to Good Article status. Thank you for all your continued extraordinary contributions to Wikipedia! -- Caponer (talk) 01:01, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
(see here for what the criteria are, and here for what they are not)
|· · ·|
Hchc2009, even though this article looks just about ready for passage to Good Article status, I have a few questions and comments that need to be addressed below. A lot of these are nit-picky, but with such an incredibly written article, I could not make more substantial suggestions. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns for me in the meantime! Again, you've done a fantastic job on this article! -- Caponer (talk) 01:38, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
- In the first paragraph of the Construction subsection, you mention "spilled over into war in 1538." Does this refer to a specific named conflict or war?
- In the second paragraph of the Construction subsection, would it flow better to reword the first sentence as the following: As a result of the inspection, Sir Francis Flemming, the Lieutenant-General of the Ordnance, was tasked in February 1558 with improving the defences on the islands. Flemming was supported in this effort with a shipment of lead to aid in construction, and money raised from the dissolution of the monasteries in England.
- At the end of paragraph 4, you may want to remove to from "through to the end of 1552."
- After "St Mary's," you may also want to make a second sentence consisting of "At least 540 oak trees from South Wales were dispatched to the islands in early 1550, since the islands lacked suitable sources of timber of their own."
- In the fifth paragraph of the Construction subsection, you should consider rewording "the decision was taken at the end of 1552" to "it was decided at the end of 1552."
- Under the Weaknesses subsection, Sixteenth century should be spelled out as it starts the sentence.
- You may also want to add a comma after 1554 in the first paragraph of the Weaknesses subsection. With this usage, overlooking can be written as one word.
- In the first paragraph under 17th-century, you may want to link and explicitly state during the English Civil War.
- In the second paragraph, you should probably place a comma following 1651.
- You may consider renaming the last History section from "18th–21st centuries" to "18th century-present"
- For paragraphs where only one source is used, it is only necessary to utilize one internal citation at the end of the paragraph.
- I'm in the "cite per sentence" camp, mainly because it makes porting text easier, but also because I've had huge issues over the years working through paragraphs trying to work out if a paragraph citation supports all the text. Hchc2009 (talk) 15:16, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the review! Hchc2009 (talk) 15:16, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
- Hchc2009, you have sufficiently addressed all my above concerns and suggestions, and it is my pleasure to formally pass this article to Good Article status! Congratulations on a job well done, and thank you tremendously for your contributions in illustrating British history on Wikipedia! -- Caponer (talk) 22:05, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on King Charles's Castle. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110901223916/http://www.measuringworth.com/index.php to http://www.measuringworth.com/index.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.